• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Am Worlds 2012--Charlotte, NC

anyone know where the 2013 Pro worlds will be? I need a thread I care about and can start bashing host before schedule is concrete plus I;ll need their financial record before I book my hotel. 2013 Year of the MASTERS SUN

anyone know where the 2013 Pro worlds will be? I need a thread I care about and can start bashing host before schedule is concrete plus I;ll need their financial record before I book my hotel. 2013 Year of the MASTERS SUN

Dang you old!

So since the am's worked on it they deserve to play it? Seems like someone didn't get the credit he "deserved". Is it recognition you're looking for? What did you do to deserve to be able to gripe like this...I see Stan's name and Sam's name on your list of who worked hard on this. Maybe that is why they are the one's deciding who plays what.

Call me what you will. Elitist, or realist? They deserve the best "fair" challenge the city can offer as they are playing for their livlihood. Are you going to be able to afford to drive home if you don't play well?

I only play Kilborne. I would never want to step outside of my comfort zone. RKelly can tell you this. And I've never worked a day in my life so no entitlement here but yours. Since a course schedule can be made for BOTH AM and pro to play the best courses, who cares what division you will play. Can I have credit for understanding and seeing that Patrick instead of what you ASSUME I am wanting?

You going pro again Mr. Three-Time PDGA Amnesty?

Huntsville in the hunt for 2013 Pro Worlds bid. Haven't heard about Ams. 2014 Pittsburgh and Twin Cities bidding for each.

Hope that there is not near the controversy for the 2012 Pro Worlds as there seems to be for the 2012 Am Worlds!

Hope that there is not near the controversy for the 2012 Pro Worlds as there seems to be for the 2012 Am Worlds!

You may want to let Elaine King or Burl know then that they have to be content playing all week where the average hole length is less than 200' for their division. Other than that you pro's might be fine until someone hits a tree, then starts the whole "this course isn't fair, Stan is a horrible course designer, etc." that we are used to hearing here from a lot of pro's when they visit. Caddying at our last NT for the winner was quite enlightening and entertaining last year.

Last edited:
I only play Kilborne. I would never want to step outside of my comfort zone. RKelly can tell you this. And I've never worked a day in my life so no entitlement here but yours. Since a course schedule can be made for BOTH AM and pro to play the best courses, who cares what division you will play. Can I have credit for understanding and seeing that Patrick instead of what you ASSUME I am wanting?

From reading this board, one would be led to believe that somehow Stan is supposed to fit every division onto 2 of the 14 courses at some point during the week. Did I get the gist?

From reading this board, one would be led to believe that somehow Stan is supposed to fit every division onto 2 of the 14 courses at some point during the week. Did I get the gist?

Nope.

The best comment I heard was "F-Bomb Stan, how can he leave that big tree in the fairway?" (referring to the majestic oak on number 5 at the Ho, which is the only tree you need to not hit)

My response: "Dave just shut up already, it's like a 200 year old oak tree, it's the only tree even near the fairway, and you tattood it square. Take your head out of your arse and just play golf." He went on to win the NT.

Last edited:
So I know this has been covered before and perhaps even in this thread.. but considering the current content of this thread I'm going to ask anyways.

What do you have to do to qualify for this thing?

Get enough points via PDGA tourneys or buy a spot when it opens up to the public.

Sam begins each club meeting with financials, money in, pay pal and checking balances, debt owed to innova for Baskets or discs, and recent payments to those debts. Craig knows this. This is an example of what I consider lying. When you make accusations and purposly leave off valuable information just to bolster your point, you are being dishonest. Just know in most of Craigs communications he leaves off valuable information that he already knows and acts like he doesnt. Craig can say financials are totally secret, implying that Sam or other club members embezzle, or that club members have NO idea what is going on or what ever his point is, but he KNOWS that they cover financials at the beginning of every meeting. So it is dishonest to imply that these things are secret. It is also dishonest to act, on here, like he is the advocate of those poor unrepresented club members when he goes to the club meetings and sits mute while Sam spends 15 minutes covering financials.

As far as actual money in, weekly event TD's have a lot of flexibility. Especially when you consider a number of factors... when we pay for discs that we give out, what actual discs were given out and their value, the TD's decisions to round up or down, donated prizes, end of season prizes...anyways....

Charlotte has spent or will spend upwards of $70,000 on 8 new courses in 3 years. Baskets, materials + existing course insurance and maintenance. To prep Eastway, for example, for US doubles it cost $1500 in bridge materials, gas, chainsaw oil, paint, ribbon, etc... when we break the DR because of all the new course mowing it costs hundreds of dollars to fix, same with the chainsaws, mowers, tools, back pack sprayers, and weed eaters used to create the courses.

Im not in a secret society, I graduated 5th grade and can multiply. Full profitibility reports of individual PDGA events are disclosed in the TD report, I believe. Profits from the 3-4 charity (icebowl)events go to charity, profits for the 2-3 women run event/fundraisers pay for the women's entry and expenses to tournaments. This is done to grow Women disc golf in Charlotte. I learned all this by attending public club meetings.

Well written response, now have Sam or somebody else put the records up on your forum and put this whole records business to bed.

Charlotte Worlds is going to be fantastic.
Only been there once for the Clash when it
was an NT. The city is easy, reasonable and
tons of great golf. What more could you want? I want
to play the best courses for me and will decide on a division
based on that.

It is disc golf you know. Enjoy it now not later.

Latest posts