• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Amsterdam to Berlin 4/24-5/2

PTJohnston

Hello All

I am going to be in Amsterdam and then Berlin in late April and early May, and I would love to meet some locals and throw a round or two.

I understand that both cities have a couple pretty good courses, but any personal experiences or advice would be well appreciated.

The rest of our trip is to Prague, then Vienna, and lastly to Budapest. Anyone know of some action in/around those cities?

Thanks
Paul

Volkspark rehberge in Berlin is fun but unless something has change the last couple of years you will need a guide, I just went out there and threw some until some locals showed up, never heard about any courses in Prague but I isn't try to hard to find out

Can't speak for any of the other courses but I played Slooterpark in Amsterdam. I had a great time. It is a good course in a great park easily accessible from the tram from Central station you should print a map because there were a couple places that was a little weird to navigate. It was also a little further down the street than the directions suggested on the website. Wear long pants as there are a few holes with pretty extreme nettles.

Don't forger to stop at Gray Matter in town of that is your thing. Best coffee shop we found in all of Holland.

Another note about Sloterpark in Amsterdam is that it is in a park with very high pedestrian traffic and there are a lot of walking/bike paths throughout the course. I would recommend going in the morning to avoid waiting on everyhole for pedestrians to pass.

I'll second what the two above said.

My wife and i took a cab from city center for about 18 euros + tip to Sloter. We thought we'd just hail a cab back.....wrong. we ended up jumping on the light rail without paying b/c we couldn't figure that out either. It worked out and it was only a 15 min trip on the train with no hassel or anyone checking tickets. So figure out how you will get back before you leave.

Sloter as a park is great. ALOT of green, tress, and overall the course is pretty good. Take a map as mentioned, navi can get a little confusing.

ALSO, when you pull up to the park there's like a big rec center and natatorium and not much indication as to where the disc golf starts. If your facing the building, you want to walk around to the right on the side of the building complex. It will feel like a sorta side park entrance but first tee should be on the left with the basket on a green belt to the right.

Hole three was my favorite! nice short hyzer over a beautiful pond with guardian trees on the green.

I like Barney's ALOT! After a dry 5 day stay in Paris it was a sight for sore eyes. Close to the train station and they have volcanos on every table. Really good service too. I'd recommend the ham sandwich.

Last edited: