• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] An old school setup

I love that video of k$ and Paul huckin the "classics ". I think it's funny how people talk about today's discs being so far advanced in technology . Same stuff, just faster and more over stable discs available if you have the arm to make use of it. And more selection to find something that fits your game. I also hate it that stuff from the 90s is now classic........my knees and back remind of the fact that I have become a classic daily!

Ha, that's what I thought.
90s is a classic?
What about the 70 or 80s?

For Discraft throwers there were a lot of X-Clone/Cyclone combos in the early 90s...
As a lefty I would break the X over to the left and let the Cyclone hyzer back to the right...
I just bought a couple of Cyclones this month after not having one in my bag since the mid '90s. Now they need to revisit the X-Clone.

no xclones until the later 90's.

I made myself a "20 years ago bag", which consists of:
DX Classic Aviar (approved 1984)
DX Stingray (approved 1987)
DX Shark (approved 1989)
DX Viper (approved 1991)
DX Gazelle (approved 1994)

Incredibly fun bag. For 1993 you'd have to drop the Gazelle though. I'd have liked to have a Roc instead of Shark originally, but Rancho Rocs came out in 1997, and I couldn't find a DX San Marino Roc easily. The Shark is a pretty nice disc though, and surprisingly stable with reliable fade.

I made myself a "20 years ago bag", which consists of:
DX Classic Aviar (approved 1984)
DX Stingray (approved 1987)
DX Shark (approved 1989)
DX Viper (approved 1991)

DX Gazelle (approved 1994)

Incredibly fun bag. For 1993 you'd have to drop the Gazelle though. I'd have liked to have a Roc instead of Shark originally, but Rancho Rocs came out in 1997, and I couldn't find a DX San Marino Roc easily. The Shark is a pretty nice disc though, and surprisingly stable with reliable fade.

I actually played a few rounds in the early '90s but didn't play the next 20 years. That was my "bag"...may have been one more...didn't even have a bag...didn't need one.

Wish I still had those discs.