• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Anchor (midrange)

I got to throw the anchor a little bit yesterday, and I was actually quite impressed.

I didn't have much time, it was maybe 20 degrees and snow on the ground, and almost dark, but I got maybe 10-20 throws in.

With 250 ft. of power thrown flat, it stayed flat for most of the flight, and gently glide-faded to the ground. About 230 straight, and then another 30 ft of soft fade, ending about 15-20 ft off the thrown angle.

On an anny with the same amount of power, the disc stayed on an angle for half the flight, flipped back to flat, and gently glided to the left, maybe 5 feet off the given angle, 260-280 feet.

On a hyzer, the disc did not flip up at all, but didn't dump either. It held the hyzer all the way to the ground, all the way to about 230-250 feet.

Hope this review helped, maybe I can post some profile shots later.

Hole 10 on the Final Round of the Aussie Open confirmed my suspicion that Ricky is indeed throwing the Anchor out there. It's the bright orange midrange.

Last edited:
Yeah I noticed early on that his midranges drives were way more OS than a Compass should be, figured there was a solid chance it was the Anchor but never caught a clear shot of it. Interesting that he and Paul are both using brand new molds for a major tournament.

Yeah I noticed early on that his midranges drives were way more OS than a Compass should be, figured there was a solid chance it was the Anchor but never caught a clear shot of it. Interesting that he and Paul are both using brand new molds for a major tournament.

Brand new molds that they've both been throwing for a couple months at this point. If they do the job, no reason not to use them.

That orange mid Rick threw in the video looked to me like it had a Dynamic stamp on it.

edit: Actually, looking again I think you are correct.

Last edited:
Anyone thrown the retro anchors yet? Super interested in these even though I'm liking maces too. How are they flying for you? Comparisons to rocs/ghosts/etc?

Was hoping that the Anchor would fit between my Justice and my Bard. Instead, it flies exactly like my VIP Bard. Not as overstable as I hoped. Still a great disc.

Bought two white custom infinite stamps, both 174 same run as desired for testing.

Surprised the dome is nearly identical to my maces. not flat but a small, subtle rise in the dome. I thought I read these had some dome to then.

Anyone throw these with the maces yet? The rim looks like it was indeed a mace retooled.

These feel better in the hands- a bit more bead than the mace and a more rounded rim edge/side as well than the mace. But indentical in every other way.

Not sure if 174 will be heavy enough though. If these are a tickmark more stable than the maces I'll be happy.

Last edited:
infinite custome anchor stamp, and maces. don't you wish you had that mace!

Attachments

• new discs flx under,anchor.  mace shootout 002.jpg
    new discs flx under,anchor. mace shootout 002.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 52
  • new discs flx under,anchor.  mace shootout 003.jpg
    new discs flx under,anchor. mace shootout 003.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 58
Now that Retro Anchors are actually released, has anyone thrown one?

I love the Opto Anchor for beefy Roc shots

The Retro was a major disappointment. They're flat topped (I despise flat top Rocs) so they're just line driver mids. Not much line shaping potential as I'm mostly just getting straight to fade lines.

For a mold that the describe to be slightly domey, the retros that I held were all flat to even puddles.
The plastic was also very susceptible to damage. First tree hit resulted in a significant warp to the rim.

Fantastic disc in premium.
Underwhelming in baseline.

The Retro was a major disappointment. They're flat topped (I despise flat top Rocs) so they're just line driver mids. Not much line shaping potential as I'm mostly just getting straight to fade lines.

For a mold that the describe to be slightly domey, the retros that I held were all flat to even puddles.
The plastic was also very susceptible to damage. First tree hit resulted in a significant warp to the rim.

You just described every disc I've tried in Retro/Prime. They've all been extremely flat and more overstable than premium versions. Also, not super durable. It is pretty good for Verdicts though.

Weren't you also a big Bard fan? How do they compare for you?

I love the Opto Anchor for beefy Roc shots

Latest posts