• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ANDROID APP IS OUT!!

Not sure what you mean by that last thing with Course Search. Like you want a quick list of courses you've looked at or something?
When selecting the search icon under Courses, it would be nice to be presented with the option to see lists of Played Courses or Recently Played Courses as are offered when choosing New Round. That's what I meant.

Thanks for the tip about getting the Note section to pop up!

Oh, gotcha. I'm not sure how I could fit that into that. I think a played/favorites/wishlisted thing will be implemented into the player profile at some point so you could access that info there.

Rolled out a 1.05 update.

-------
* Fixed bugs with saving passwords for additional players
* Made submitting rounds to DGCR one tap for any player with a saved password

Agreed

Seems like this has been mentioned before, but in case it hasn't...

I played my first tournament since downloading the app. The tournament layout on both courses includes 3 extra holes. I would like:

A. To be able to insert (and number by letter) those holes anywhere in the course. The first course we played puts 'A' between holes 7 and 8 and 'B' and 'C' between 12 and 13.

B. To be able to list par and distance (if known) for the extra holes. The total score was correct, but since I couldn't list par, it assumed par was zero so I was sitting at +16 instead of +7.

Yes, I know I'm picking nits :D

I agree with this enhancement very much. Played a practice round today for tourny.. played the normal holes but threw one extra (hole 5 - not normal 5 tho) At this point I'd only set up the round for 18 holes so by the time I was done I couldn't enter my last hole (19). In this scenario I would have just added a 5A so i could keep the stats for the regular course accurate. I know I could have set "tourny" round - but I didn't know exactly how many extra holes we would play beforehand.

Ok, so an "insert hole" ability... I still think adding it to the end would probably be best from a hole-by-hole stats perspective though. Kind of like how it works on the site if you enter a tournament round.

Whether it is added to the end or inserted in the middle doesn't matter to me just as long as after I've created the round I can add holes.

Rolled out a 1.06 update.

-------
* Fixed small issue in the player rating calculations

Used the app for a whole day of disc golf last Friday. GREAT! Definitely worthwhile for me, rather than keeping track on paper, and then forgetting to upload them on here later. Pretty well everything I thought it would be, and needs to be. Here's my short list of bugs or suggestions. Mostly small wishlist type things, that really don't detract from the app. If it makes a difference, I have a Galaxy Note 4.

1. I don't know if it was because of poor service when uploading, but I still have some outstanding mobile rounds that aren't complete in my mobile round queue on the site. On my phone, they have all 18 holes listed and scored, with all my comments and such, but here on the site the rounds for me to approve show only between 1 and 3 total holes from the round. I went back to my phone, found the round, and hit 'submit' again, and it says it was successfully submitted, but nothing changes on the site. So 2 or 3 or my rounds from the weekend worked correctly, and 3 did not.
2. I'm in the camp that would like to be able to update pin position during the round. Particularly helpful on courses you're not familiar with, or don't play often. A longer-term addition, I'm sure, but one to keep in mind.
3. It would be nice to be able to navigate from the scorecard to the course files page, to bring up the course map. Found myself toggling between the app and the mobile site for this.
4. Anytime I bring up a note field (hole notes, or round notes, or course condition updates), it doesn't automatically capitalize the first letter, or the first letter after periods. My phone normally does that in such fields in other apps, but not here. Not sure if that's a artifact of my phone, or what. Not like it's a huge deal, but could be an easy fix, I don't know.
5. I like the auto-advance feature that automatically swipes you to the next hole, but it advances the millisecond I enter the last number, so I never actually see the number I type enter the field. It would be nice if it auto-advanced after half a second, or a second, so that I could ensure that I didn't fat-finger my last entry (for my app set-up, putts is the last field)

1) Try deleting it from your mobile queue and then resubmitting it and see if that helps. I've never seen this issue before. Really odd. Unless you submitted it first with only a few holes somehow. If you re-submit the same round to the site and it's already in the mobile queue, it'll just ignore that second submission since you can't change a scorecard once it's been submitted to the site.

2) That's something that will happen in a future update.

3) There is a link in the in-round menu now (in 1.08) that takes you to the course screen. I usually download the map and have it up in the background and long press the home button to switch between the app and the PDF/JPG.

4) I don't think that's something to do with the app. Mine capitalizes it but it's just an option in the keyboard I use.

5) I feel like most people would attempt to swipe to the next hole in that half second. You could always swipe back for a second if you think you messed up. The numbers are pretty large so it's tough to fat finger it :)

Last edited:
I also noticed during my rounds on Sunday that if you enter score + putts, it advances. OR if you enter penalty strokes, it advances. Is there a reason why we can't enter the penalty stroke(s), then the score and putts and only advance then? I tried entering the penalty stroke(s) first, but it still auto-advanced the moment you entered those.

That's by design since penalty strokes probably aren't entered that often. I thought it would be more annoying to have to hit 0 every time you didn't have a penalty than to have it the way it is now.

That's by design since penalty strokes probably aren't entered that often. I thought it would be more annoying to have to hit 0 every time you didn't have a penalty than to have it the way it is now.

That makes sense, but I didn't think it'd auto-advance if penalty strokes are entered without a score being entered as well.

Every field auto-advances so since penalty is the last one, it'll either go to the next hole or it'll go to the next person in the card.

I added an importer for other apps so you can get your rounds into DGCR and either store them here or sync them with the DGCR App. Right now I only have uDisc but if you use another app that exports to CSV feel free to email it to me and I'll do my best to put something together to import them. Here's a direct link to the page:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/scorebook_mobile_import.php

You can also find a link on the bottom right of your scorebook page.

Does the APP have an option for different layout? Short tees etc? I thought I saw it mentioned somewhere but now I can't find it. Also is there way to export scores via email or text instead of uploading them to DGCR? My Brother and I like to text good scores to each other.

It functions pretty much the same as the scorebook on the ssite so you can pick a tee and then go from there. Right now if you wanted to share a round via text or email you'd just have to do a screenshot and send it. Eventually emailing a screenshot will be one of the sharing options available in the app.

The more I use it the more I like it. I do have a suggestion for an additional feature. It would be nice to be able to create teams for doubles. This has probably already been addressed, but I was too lazy to read back through to find it. :)

The more I use it the more I like it. I do have a suggestion for an additional feature. It would be nice to be able to create teams for doubles. This has probably already been addressed, but I was too lazy to read back through to find it. :)
Glad you like it! If you haven't reviewed it on the play store yet, I'd appreciate it if you did :)

For the doubles, another guy just made "us" and "them" users and used those for rounds. The issue there was the rounds weren't saved since they didn't have the "main" user in them so I changed the app to make it so you had to have the main user.

How would you envision the doubles thing working? Are these rounds you'd want to save or just sort of do what I mentioned above?

How would you envision the doubles thing working? Are these rounds you'd want to save or just sort of do what I mentioned above?

I like the way that Easy Scorecard does it by allowing me to create teams from the players that are already saved in the app. Saving would be a bonus. I think because of the different formats, it might be somewhat less desireable to have any type of upload feature, but saving in my app would certainly be cool. That way, I could keep score for our doubles minis and have older rounds to look back on.

Kudos on keeping the scoring simple and allowing for penalty stroke input, and for fixing bugs quickly. I've noticed that some bugs have been fixed already (and seamlessly because I use auto-update). I've already rated it and highly recommend it over any of the other scoring apps that I have used.

Latest posts