• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ANDROID APP IS OUT!!

Hmm, I'll take a look at ESC. I want to flesh out all the scoring stuff for single player play before moving on to team stuff though (ie. starting hole and a bunch of other stuff people have brought up) but the doubles thing might be cool add once that's all sorted out.

Definitely appreciate you giving it a review and yes, my guy has definitely been working hard sorting bugs out, I think 1.11 took care of a lot of problems. The 1.12 will change the round sharing to use the default Android sharing options so you can email the round, etc. Hopefully that will be out soon.

Hopefully soon! It's actively being worked on.

Glad you like it! If you want to throw a review up on the play store I'd appreciate it!

My friend has the Android app and loves it. I can't wait for the iOS version. I have phone envy right now. The udisc app is ok, but it just doesn't have the functionality I'm hoping for when the DGCR app comes out.

I'm definitely psyched to get the iOS one rolling. I guess the "scaffolding" for it is built already which is promising :)

I am going to pick up the app today, since I submit rounds to my scorebook regularly. A couple of questions on it:

1. Is throw distance measuring in the app or ever a possibility? I know they're generally is somewhere from a 5-20' +/- factor in a phone GPS, but it would be nice for field work or verifying correct distances from certain teepads.

2. How about adding a Finnish Putting scorecard to the site and app? It would be great to keep track of scores on here, too!

No immediate plans for throw measuring at the moment. I'm focused on making the scoring and course aspects of the app the best possible right now. So maybe when that is polished I'll look into sort of "fun" extra features.

No idea what the Finnish thing you're talking about is.

Not sure how you could do it but I have multiple apps which integrate GPS measuring. Real estate, Google tracks, Motorola Fitness and so on all allow you to enable location tracking and give a set distance you chose from start to stop. You also could allow people to somehow "share" these maps.

I know how I do it, I pay my developer and he works his magic :) I just would rather pay for stuff relevant to the core functionality of the app. Once it's where I'd like it to be, then adding sort of unrelated bells and whistles like throw measurement would be on the radar.

I just figured more people would use the various scoring stuff and other ideas I have in mind. Where you might measure a throw once in a great while if you really bomb one but otherwise not use it much.

When you're entering your score into the app, is there a way to choose different tees on a per hole basis? We play a variety of tees in our league rounds, and I can only seem to change tees for all of the holes at once.

Agree with Tim. The app doesn't have to do everything under the sun. Let the app be good at what it does and not half good at a lot of stuff. There are other apps that try to do everything and I've found them baffling to use.

I know how I do it, I pay my developer and he works his magic :) I just would rather pay for stuff relevant to the core functionality of the app. Once it's where I'd like it to be, then adding sort of unrelated bells and whistles like throw measurement would be on the radar.

I just figured more people would use the various scoring stuff and other ideas I have in mind. Where you might measure a throw once in a great while if you really bomb one but otherwise not use it much.

Hey.. Its 2015 thats all i was saying. :p the app is great and look forward to the future improvements. Thanks Tim!

When you're entering your score into the app, is there a way to choose different tees on a per hole basis? We play a variety of tees in our league rounds, and I can only seem to change tees for all of the holes at once.
No, that isn't possible. On the app and on the site, it's assumed a player will play the same tee for an entire round.

Maybe that's something you could look into for the future....I often play rounds from mixed tees. Am I the only one?

That would require a pretty major overhaul of how the scorebook on the site and how the app records scores, how stats are kept, etc. For something that might not be too common of an occurrence it's a lot of work (and expense when it comes to the app). If it ever happened it probably wouldn't be any time soon unfortunately. Sorry :(

Last edited:
For all the Premium members that have the app (or plan to get it!), I just made a new option to auto-approve mobile rounds. This will only approve error free, standard mobile rounds so if there are any in there without a course association or it's a doubles round, you'll still have to hop on the site to glance at it and approve it yourself. Rounds are approved every 15 minutes if you have this on, depending on how many people end up using it I can bump it up to every 10 or 5.

There is now a "Mobile Tools" header at the top of your Scorebook where you can turn this feature on or off as well as import rounds from other apps which I moved up from the bottom. I'm working on Easy Scorecard importing next, hopefully will finish this week.

Thanks Tim! I bought it a couple weeks ago and used it all last weekend. The scorecard works well and the course finder landed me on two extra courses!

Very cool! Glad it's working well for you and thanks for getting it (and a premium subscription!)

Latest posts