• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ANDROID APP IS OUT!!

Is there a way to add players to the "scorecard" in a specific order? I'd like to use this in addition to a official scorecard during a league round but want to line up the sequence of players the same as what is on the official scorecard.

Unfortunately at the moment the only options are alphabetical or score order. You're not the first person to want custom player order so I've added it to the list of features that will be added in future versions.

I've added it to the list of features that will be added in future versions.

60196041.jpg

I should be getting a beta in the next couple of days. The same guy is working on Android and iOS so when Android bugs that need to be fixed crop up it takes time away from iOS. At this point I think we've hit all the main issues with the Android build so he'll be cranking on iOS.

Thankfully iOS is being developed 100% by one guy so the process should be faster/smoother. My current developer inherited a bunch of code from the guys that were previously doing Android and he's had to fix so much stuff it's crazy. It might have actually been cheaper for me to have him rewrite it from scratch at this point but hindsight is 20/20 and all that :)

Can't wait for the IOS version. Thanks for working on this stuff.

An idea for uploading of other users scores would be to implement a pin that's only for mobile score uploads. This would require a site and app rewrite, but would prevent spamming and the possibility of leaking of other users passwords.

Passwords aren't stored in the app in plain text, just part of a hash that's used to authenticate against the server.

Android wear

Are there any plans to add android wear support to this app? I purchased it on faith but probably won't use the scoring much as I don't like having to pull my phone out of my bag. However, if I was able to punch in scores on my smartwatch that would be ideal.

Probably not any time in the near future. The market for that is just too small to justify the development expense.

Got the app the other day, playing around with it, haven't actually used it to keep score yet, but overall it looks good.

I see you are working on being able to arrange player order, that will be a nice feature.
Another one I'd like to see is being able to group players for doubles rounds; rather than making a new player name for each team, or leaving one of them off.

Teams will take some more time but player order will hopefully be one of the early feature adds after I get the iPhone version out and start adding stuff to the apps. Thanks for getting it!

I have to say I love the DGCR app, has all my Iphone friends jealous! They keep asking when the Iphone is coming out, any eta?

Thanks

No exact ETA. I have a version of the iphone app that is mostly feature complete. Scoring is fleshed out and mostly working, all the other stuff works (although needs tweaking). I need to go through it with a fine tooth comb to catch everything I can, then I'll run a small beta to find any remaining issues and then get it out. Maybe a couple of months if not sooner.

No exact ETA. I have a version of the iphone app that is mostly feature complete. Scoring is fleshed out and mostly working, all the other stuff works (although needs tweaking). I need to go through it with a fine tooth comb to catch everything I can, then I'll run a small beta to find any remaining issues and then get it out. Maybe a couple of months if not sooner.

Can't wait! :clap:

Working on it guys! I just looked at the Android code myself to see if maybe I could do a few changes myself that you guys are waiting on while the iOS version is being worked on. Way over my head, I looked at it for an hour and only managed to walk away with a headache.