• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ANDROID APP IS OUT!!

Something I was thinking would be nice for the app is for the scorecard to show some sort of distinction when a player has an OB on a hole. A circle would be ideal but I know some apps use an apostrophe or the like. Love the app Tim, have been using it since day one!

Thanks for the suggestion. Putts and penalty strokes are visible if you go view the detailed scoring in the app but some sort of indicator on the main scorecard would be good. For the shareable image, I do a circle around the score. That's the one little bit of the app I was able to actually contribute to and maintain myself.

Is there any way to see the previous round stats/history of someone else that I play with often in the app itself?

Not at this time, that's something I want to have added in a future release since all the info is there. I'd imagine it shouldn't be too hard to display it but usually what I think isn't too hard ends up being a big job when it comes to adding it to the app. I'm not quite sure how it all works. I've just emailed the developer about it though and added it to the list of "future features" that I've been maintaining. I thought I already had that one in there but I didn't see it so thanks for the reminder.

If you submit those rounds to the site for that person they can see their stats on here which I realize isn't a good solution at this point but it would allow your friend to keep an eye on his stats.

It's in the works. I have a beta iOS version on my test phone that has most of the features in place but there is still a decent amount of work that needs to be done to get it to where the Android version is at. I'm hoping to be able to get some beta testers to try it at some point in the next month or two.

Tim, I finally downloaded the android version and used it for the first time Saturday. I love it! It is a definite upgrade from Discasaurus. I was curious though, could the functionality to update pin position be added to the app (or maybe it is there and I missed it)? For instance, I noticed that at Brown Deer on Saturday most of the pin positions were in the short position but on here they are all listed in the long positions. If I was smart I would've written down where all of them were and update it. (I will update the ones I know). Thanks.

Tim, I finally downloaded the android version and used it for the first time Saturday. I love it! It is a definite upgrade from Discasaurus. I was curious though, could the functionality to update pin position be added to the app (or maybe it is there and I missed it)? For instance, I noticed that at Brown Deer on Saturday most of the pin positions were in the short position but on here they are all listed in the long positions. If I was smart I would've written down where all of them were and update it. (I will update the ones I know). Thanks.
That's something I want to have added to the app so it's coming down the road. The developer is concentrating on getting the iPhone version done right now and then we'll release upgrades to each app simultaneously.

For the time being, you'd have to update it on the site to have it reflected in the app. So if you updated the pins on the course page, you could edit your round, do a quick tee change (white->red->white for example) so you don't have to type in the values and then just resync the recent rounds with your phone to get the updated distances if you want them on there.

It's in the works. I have a beta iOS version on my test phone that has most of the features in place but there is still a decent amount of work that needs to be done to get it to where the Android version is at. I'm hoping to be able to get some beta testers to try it at some point in the next month or two.

By "get it where the Android version is at", do you mean getting the bugs out, or adding all the features that the Android app has? In my humble opinion, I'd rather see a stable version published for iOS now if you have one, and then update/ugrade as features are added. If you try to get the iOS version caught up with the Android version's features before you release it, and you are still developing and adding to the Android version, the iOS version may never get released. :(

The Android feature set is frozen right now as the same guy is working on both and I want to have both apps in the same place, plus I can't afford two developers at the same time :) The iOS version is pretty much feature complete (identical to the Android version for the most part) but there are a lot of bugs to fix and tweaks to make. Once I can fiddle around with it and not make it break I'll do a short beta period with around 25 people to catch any glaring issues that I might have missed. iOS will actually have at least one or two things that aren't in the Android version just yet since he had to design the backend, etc. from scratch.

The Android feature set is frozen right now as the same guy is working on both and I want to have both apps in the same place, plus I can't afford two developers at the same time :) The iOS version is pretty much feature complete (identical to the Android version for the most part) but there are a lot of bugs to fix and tweaks to make. Once I can fiddle around with it and not make it break I'll do a short beta period with around 25 people to catch any glaring issues that I might have missed. iOS will actually have at least one or two things that aren't in the Android version just yet since he had to design the backend, etc. from scratch.

:clap::clap::clap:

Just got it. $5 is really not much. Anyway, I have been using udisc but I think I will like this app as well for some of the features. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks!

Awesome, thanks Eric. I definitely appreciate you picking it up. I have lots of cool ideas and improvements planned for the future. It's just slow going since I have one guy working on both apps. Once they're both out and he's just doing updates/improvements I think things will move a lot faster.

Just got it. $5 is really not much. Anyway, I have been using udisc but I think I will like this app as well for some of the features. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks!

If you don't mind what do you like about the app in comparison to the uDisc app? I am a current uDisc user, but would like to read a comparison (pros and cons) so I can make an informed decision before switching.

I work as a PO/Analyst at a software company so convenience and UX are big things in my mind. The uDisc UX is kind eh, I know they are trying to move to a material design but the layout can be confusing at times.

Last edited:
qMuO52n.png