• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anhyzer Shot

Bogey Member
I throw RHBH a Champion Leopard and started trying to throw an anhyzer shot and it really worked well the 1st few times I threw it. I was really getting it to go right and getting close to the basket. Now all of the sudden the shot has started to fade back to the left really hard. The conditions are basically the same as when I first tried it.(No wind) Can the disc change that much or is it more likely the way I'm throwing it now?

I've never heard of a disc becoming more overstable with time so I'd say it's the way you're throwing it, but I think the Leopard is a good disc to learn anny's with.

I bet I know exatly what's happening, because the same thing happened to me. When I mess up my anhyzers it's because I didn't follow all the way through with my arm down and to the right. If I stop my arm short of it's release then it goes waaayyy left of where i want it. let me know if it that explanation makes sense

I bet I know exatly what's happening, because the same thing happened to me. When I mess up my anhyzers it's because I didn't follow all the way through with my arm down and to the right. If I stop my arm short of it's release then it goes waaayyy left of where i want it. let me know if it that explanation makes sense

That makes sense and is probably what I'm doing.Will have to keep that in mind next time I try....thanks

You are probably putting less spin on it now. When the disc's spin slows down, the low speed fade will come into play. Try putting more spin on it with the same amount of arm. Poor follow through can lead to less spin.

I've have the same problem. When I don't follow through all the way the disc flies flat and then fades to the left. When my arm follows through correctly i get a nice curve to the right.

I've never heard of a disc becoming more overstable with time so I'd say it's the way you're throwing it, but I think the Leopard is a good disc to learn anny's with.

correct, they definitely become more understable over time, but typically it takes quite a while to notice a big difference. i wouldn't expect to see a big difference in a couple weeks, more like months, depending on the amount of use.

You are probably putting less spin on it now. When the disc's spin slows down, the low speed fade will come into play. Try putting more spin on it with the same amount of arm. Poor follow through can lead to less spin.

i agree with this completely. speed/spin are the main things that i've found which affect the turnover. once you start losing your spin, the disc is going to stop turning over and fade back. so if you aren't getting enough speed/spin off the release you will see little to no turnover and the disc will definitely tail off hard to the left.

Are your shots fading left right away or more towards the end of the flight?

Annie check list:
Release at anyzer angle (thanks mr. obvious)
Straighten your torso slightly from your straight shot
Right after release your palm should turn towards the sky
Throw with enough speed for the given distance and annie line desired
Remember that given too much air, any RHBH throw will fade left as it slows unless you're throwing a more extreme knife annie perhaps

correct, they definitely become more understable over time, but typically it takes quite a while to notice a big difference. i wouldn't expect to see a big difference in a couple weeks, more like months, depending on the amount of use.

What is the effect on the disc when it becomes understable?

newbie;132621What is the effect on the disc when it becomes understable?[/QUOTE said:
A disc becomes understable after having it's edge roughed up by hitting trees, rocks etc. This causes the disc to go to the right (RHBH) easier. Your Champ Leopard will take quite a beating before it starts to change. That is the virtue of Champ plastic and the reason most people give for buying it. (I know it's my reason.)

As for the topic of spin, I agree with what has already been said and will add this. Once you can control the spin that you put on a disc you are on your way controlling any disc much better. You'll be able to keep the disc flat and still have it curve right or left. Couple that ability with your release angle control and you will be better able to handle the wind.

I've have the same problem. When I don't follow through all the way the disc flies flat and then fades to the left. When my arm follows through correctly i get a nice curve to the right.

Also you might have to increase the angle of release.

when this happens to me it is ussually a wrist issue. If I'm not keeping the disk parallel with my wrist I can't get anything to go right.

Latest posts