• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anhyzer to hyzer finish putter

Technohic

* Ace Member *
Love my banger-GT but found one hole in it for my putting game. I like to putt with a hyzer into the basket, but if I get an obstacle that I have to go around it on the left side, I need something that will come out of the anhyzer and fade left a little more.

Just thinking about it and maybe I shouldnt have a putter for just 1 type of putt, but was thinking about a Pig?

Will a Pig do what I want and does it come in a nice soft version?

I'll do something similar with a gator. You need to throw low speed to get the fade.

Mmm Rhynoooooo

Friend has one of the limited edition floppy ones that I love, just not as much as my banger. It seems just a little more overstable than my Banger-GTs, but I dont think enough for wht I am looking for.

I put with a banger too, whenever i have this problem, i just use my buzz, wasp or drone. I have found that they are all a little more eager to get back to hyzer at slow speeds.

I also find my esp banger to be more overtable than my softs, (maybe this is due to wear thought)

But i definalty would NOT reccomend a new disc. If this is a common problem, then your putting should be looked at more closely, if it is a once in a while, or always on that particular hole on that particular course you should see what else you have in your bag that can help you out.

No need to carry a specialty disc.

Thats a good point. My Soft X banger is, well, soft x so it is bound to beat in a bit and the ESP one I have was used, so I dont see a lot of difference.

It doesnt take much excuse for me to get a brand new banger. lol Especially since I want more duplicate weights of them for putting practice.

try a max weight esp banger. i find them to be a bit more stable and further flying than the soft version so they come back pretty hard.

also the acerace09 disc might work for this shot. if it had a GT like the banger it would be my new main putter

i actually used a banger GT for awhile for that exact shot you talk about, because i lost my stiff wizard, and i had a pretty stiff banger around. It was pretty good, did exactly what i wanted it too...

I would just give it less anny and more spin to let it hold that any line right into the basket rather than trying to hit the basket as it flattens out and fades... not sure if that makes sense.

or you could just get a stiffer more stable banger, get an Elite Z or ESP Challenger. I did end up replacing my stiff wizard though, so yea... it does it. The two feel really similar... if not exactly the same.

Softer Rhyno would be my vote (Pro or "gummy" Star). But the Pig is definately very overstable. The one I have is moderately soft, but not like the Rhyno is.

But if you like the Gator, then you might like the Pig. both have the "fly and die" type of flight.

I'll second using a mid-range like a buzzz or a wasp, but if you've got to go with a putter, just get something really overstable.

Thanks all for the advice. Might get a new Banger, cause it wouldnt hurt to have another if nothing more than practice, and might get a Wasp and then use my Buzzz X more.

I've been ignoring my mids a bit too much. Probably because I got to where I could do so much with an ESP Banger. Theres always other holes in my game I need to remember to give them a thought.

imo you're better off learning to do a wider variety of things with one putter than attempting to find a different one to fit a specialty niche.

My brother putts with a hyzer because he says he just can't putt straight. He has made some unbelieveable long putts with in beat up Soft Magnet.

imo you're better off learning to do a wider variety of things with one putter than attempting to find a different one to fit a specialty niche.

i second this, one mold at least... but as much as you can with a goto putter. sometimes discs break in though and theres only so much you can do.

My brother putts with a hyzer because he says he just can't putt straight. He has made some unbelieveable long putts with in beat up Soft Magnet.

I can do some long ones like that and its not so much I cant straight (Although I am not very good that way) but it gives a good chance of it going in while still minimizing the distance of the next putt.

The one time I have problems is if my hyzer line is cut-off and I have to anny.

Latest posts