• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ANHYZER!!!!

zoox

I cant stress this enough. A guy out at jefferson barracks here in stl. kept yellin ANHYZER!!! at me after i would drive. it was annoying at first, cuz i already have a pretty good drive, but the more i tried trhrowin with ANHYZER!!! the more i developed the s pattern witch is optimal in this game. This technique has increased my drive distance significantly,and will proably faze my side-arm out a bit. but thats progress.

I cant stress this enough. A guy out at jefferson barracks here in stl. kept yellin ANHYZER!!! at me after i would drive. it was annoying at first, cuz i already have a pretty good drive, but the more i tried trhrowin with ANHYZER!!! the more i developed the s pattern witch is optimal in this game. This technique has increased my drive distance significantly,and will proably faze my side-arm out a bit. but thats progress.

Although this type of shot can be useful, I wouldn't train my muscle memory to do that every time. I often see newer players trying to hork over a disc that is too stable in order to get the full flight out of it. The best thing you can do is learn how to control an understable disc. You will learn how to throw the same "S" pattern by throwing a hyzer that turns slightly, then falls back left at the end. You will be able to also throw it dead straight, and hyzer. Hope this helps.

Helps me, to know what I have been doing is a good way. I have been using understabs Avenger SS and Sidewinder for some time. Now I can control them pretty well. Not getting huge distance but that is due to another habit. What I am getting is pretty good control. This fall and winter I started using a the more stable Valk and Beast for primary driving and am having much better control.

Helps me, to know what I have been doing is a good way. I have been using understabs Avenger SS and Sidewinder for some time. Now I can control them pretty well. Not getting huge distance but that is due to another habit. What I am getting is pretty good control. This fall and winter I started using a the more stable Valk and Beast for primary driving and am having much better control.

You are on the right track! Contol comes first. When you have control then usually you have good form and technique. Only then will the distance come. Well done. ;)

You are on the right track! Contol comes first. When you have control then usually you have good form and technique. Only then will the distance come. Well done. ;)

There might be something to "thinking" anhyzer when driving. For me it helps me level out my wrist and snap through...not release out high or wide...

And you can see another post of mine where I agree 100% with you...the distance comes almost accidently when the relaxed form is solid.

Z

Although this type of shot can be useful, I wouldn't train my muscle memory to do that every time. I often see newer players trying to hork over a disc that is too stable in order to get the full flight out of it. The best thing you can do is learn how to control an understable disc. You will learn how to throw the same "S" pattern by throwing a hyzer that turns slightly, then falls back left at the end. You will be able to also throw it dead straight, and hyzer. Hope this helps.

yes very helpful thank you. i get this effect the best with my tee-rex, the destroyer goes way right and is hard to turn over unless i keep the wing level.