• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Another returning story.

Huk Finn

* Ace Member *
I walked upon an uninked Ch. Starfire.

Hollered at the guys ahead of us. He named the disc he lost, he was a 2 disc newb, using a dx orc as his putter and his new starfire as his early hard fading low distance driver.

i bet hed'd throw his "putter" farther than his driver.

bottom line he was stoked! i told him to ink his disc and cross his fingers in the future. today he learned that it's cool to return a disc.

What if he didn't ink it because he just stole it? That would be crazy.

Other than that, keep up the good work.

Best way to see it...maybe...I guess?

For as many times as I have stopped to help someone find a disc, or have given back discs found to those who said it was theirs(regardless if I knew it was), I will not ask another person or group of players if it is their disc. If they look like they have lost a disc, then yes, I would bring it up to them, as in "I just found a disc, or looking for a disc." If the disc has a name or #, I just don't have the energy to call someone who may of lost it. I may ask my boyz if they know this person.

Now if I see the disc in an area I know discs might be landing, then I may sit around to point it out to players coming up. I remember one day I walk up on a lost disc as soon as another guy did, and he asked if it was mine, and I said it was his now(like let him decide what to do with it).

Now at a league or tourney event, I will leave it with the director.

Personally, I hate throwing other's plastic, especially with names/#s. Many times, I just give the discs to some less fortunate looking youths. I tell them to enjoy, and if you get sick of it, give it to another kid, or just call the owner. Keeping the whole transaction safe, informal, and in good spirits.

If I lose a disc, I am not going to get too far without trying to find it. If I can't find it, good luck to those who do, and hopefully it's a less fortunate kid. Discs are not like wallets. To me, if you can't find it, go buy another one, get your throws under control, don't be throwing where you shouldn't which is almost always where I and probably others found it in the first place (i.e. WATER, NASTY ROUGH, HEAVY WOODS, maybe use spotter next time). All in all, the best thing is to hope it gets in the rightful hands some day, which may not always be the rightful owner.

If the disc meant that much too you, then you shouldn't throwing it, or at the very least be putting markers on it in the first place. As we can all agree, generally, the top products(discs) in this sport are $20max(basically a night out at the bar you let get away).

Sorry if I made anyone feel like what I am saying sounds shady. And for the record, I do not have any people's discs with their names on them in my possession, as they have all been donated or given back to the owner.;)

the return ration in Utah is less than 1 to 10. As in you MIGHT get one disc back for every 10 you lose... so you cant beat 'em join 'em

Quite hilarious. You're real intelligent Nate, you've improved your comprehension of the English language I see though. Doesn't change your level of intelligence though.

I returned 2 this last weekend and it puts me up to more than I can count and yet, I have never had one of mine returned. F you karma.

No, but seriously; I have quit putting my name or number on my discs because it seems to do me no good but will call when I find one.

Leaving Discs

I have come across 3 or 4 discs in my last 4 rounds. What is up with people?? I have resisted the temptation to add to my bag, and had to tell my nephew that is wasn't cool to take someone else's disc. I called the last guy who left his disc square in the middle of the 18th fairway, and he was happy to come get it. It's hard to say if my philosophy will change when I finally lose a disc and don't get it returned. The funny thing is that these discs haven't been deep in the woods but just out in the open!! I can't say I've never done it though. I drove 40 minutes back to "Alexander" in Georgia to grab my brand new Elite-Z Flick that I had left in the bushes on the 17th (glad I checked my bag, but wish I had done it sooner).

One possibility (especially on the 18th) is that the person used the lying disc as the marker, made the next throw and then moved on quickly (maybe a wild throw that needed watching) and forgot to pick it up. I did that at Poor House Farm and got all the way to Sherando before I realized that I had forgotten it.. I drove back and some kind soul had placed it in the 18th basket so I recovered it.

So I have an awesome story. A friend of mine had lost a disc I gave him a couple months ago. I had found it and told him I would give it back to him the next time I seen him. I had gone out to a local course. A hole out there has a huge pond on it, and I threw that disc on that hole and lost it in the pond. We found it, but weren't able to get it, so we just left it and I promised to buy him one to replace it. It was his favorite disc. 2 or 3 months went by and I got a call last Sunday from a lady in Panama City, FL. saying she found a disc of mine and if I gave her my address she'd send it back. I asked her to describe it to me, and she replied with the description of the disc I had lost 2 months ago in the pond. I was like "NO WAY!!!" I live in Northern Alabama, almost on the AL/TN line. Panama City is a good 7/8 hour drive. The guy that found it in the pond, NEVER called me stating he found it, but ending up taking it to FL, and I guess lost it. He never put his name on it, so fortune brought it back to me. So there is hope...HAHAHA Hope ya'll enjoyed!

glad to hear that somepeople do get their discs back. i lost 2 in one day "im sure its under some leaves" iv returned several but with no returns, i want to belive in karma.

So I have an awesome story. A friend of mine had lost a disc I gave him a couple months ago. I had found it and told him I would give it back to him the next time I seen him. I had gone out to a local course. A hole out there has a huge pond on it, and I threw that disc on that hole and lost it in the pond. We found it, but weren't able to get it, so we just left it and I promised to buy him one to replace it. It was his favorite disc. 2 or 3 months went by and I got a call last Sunday from a lady in Panama City, FL. saying she found a disc of mine and if I gave her my address she'd send it back. I asked her to describe it to me, and she replied with the description of the disc I had lost 2 months ago in the pond. I was like "NO WAY!!!" I live in Northern Alabama, almost on the AL/TN line. Panama City is a good 7/8 hour drive. The guy that found it in the pond, NEVER called me stating he found it, but ending up taking it to FL, and I guess lost it. He never put his name on it, so fortune brought it back to me. So there is hope...HAHAHA Hope ya'll enjoyed!

Take the goods with the bads and sure enough...miracles do happen and people had fun along the way

At McNaughton I found (no clue OLD fairway driver - no stamp) a guys disc...that he aced with in '99 - Ft Madison, IA. Said he hadn't been to the course in 5 years...at least it stayed there :p

Now, the real lucky part...is the jackass that keeps it, isn't smart enough to sharpie the info off :/

Is it just me, or has parts of this thread been BELETED? /rages

Latest posts