• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Any ATL/Georgia players?

Tyus park in Griffin is definitely a must play for the Atlanta area. I play Freedom Park down in Valdosta all the time

Flyboy
Crucible
Hobbs
Haywood Valley
NGCT
Tyus
Perkerson

Wow, you love those temporary/exclusive courses. Seriously though, if Flyboy was not so hard to get into, would it still be considered as good as it is?

On a related note, who is excited for the possibility of the Flying Eye Open returning this year? I was a spectator at the last one and swore I would participate the next time it comes around.

From the Athens Disc Golf Facebook Page post last night:

2017 Flying Eye Open at The Crucible
Athens, Georgia
Am Weekend – October 21st & 22nd
Pro Weekend – October 28th & 29th
PDGA C tier
AM Event is True Amateur Event (Trophy Only)

From the Athens Disc Golf Facebook Page post last night:

2017 Flying Eye Open at The Crucible
Athens, Georgia
Am Weekend – October 21st & 22nd
Pro Weekend – October 28th & 29th
PDGA C tier
AM Event is True Amateur Event (Trophy Only)

I want this to show up on disc golf scene soon. I am ready to set an alarm on my calendar just to make sure I get a spot as soon as it opens for registration.

Can you post the link to that Facebook Post please.

Wow, you love those temporary/exclusive courses. Seriously though, if Flyboy was not so hard to get into, would it still be considered as good as it is?

oh yeah ... great land out there and some reallllly fun holes ... and there's been 2 layouts out there for almost 2yrs now with Viper

several of us on here of DGCR Flyboy Meetup Fame™, think the golf is a little better at The Crucible but the whole experience of spending a weekend at Flyboy and staying in the B&B give it the nod

I haven't been logging into dgcr much recently, but as an Atlanta native, I really want to reply to this thread. For reference, I live in Woodstock, but I'll probably always consider Oregon Park in West Cobb my "home" course, because it was my home course when I got back into disc golf a decade after college, and I was involved in the local club during the years it was being converted from the old 9-hole layout to the layout we have now. :)

no, but the first and last time ill ever go to a golden corral was in Georgia.
Can't knock it till you try it...but then you can knock it all you want and with good reason.

I've never tried Golden Corral, and never will, because I'm willing to learn from the food poisoning experiences of others. :gross:

I appreciate all the responses. I'll def check out local courses/Facebook. Also, I am in Tucker, so I can easily get anywhere in the city pretty quickly.

Also, hopefully none of you need to go near the 85 collapse!

That made me do a double take. I've never managed to get anywhere quickly in that city. Traffic 2nd only to LA. Still one of my favorite places with a ton of good courses.

Art Vandelay is right: there is no way to get anywhere in metro Atlanta quickly. There hasn't been for decades, and the recent highway infrastructure disasters have only made it worse, though by Summer all of those should be repaired. I don't know about Los Angeles, but Atlanta has worse rush-hour traffic than any other city's I've ever experienced. It makes rush hour in places like Houston, San Francisco, and Chicago seem downright relaxing. Seriously. :wall: I'm just glad my commute keeps me out on the north side of town, and I can "flex" my shift to avoid rush hour on both ends.

Yes, Flyboy really is (was?) that good. It's as close to disc golf heaven as anything you'll find. If it were still listed here on DGCR, Flyboy would be a fixture on the top 10 list on the DGCR front page.

I was in Ellenwood today, but didn't get a chance to stop off and throw any of the surrounding courses. It was a sad day, indeed

My favorite "greater" ATL area courses: #1 Hobb Farm Park. Absolute must play. #2 Canopy Tours. Spectacular and extreme. #3 Tyus. Scenic and challenging.

Agree that Hobbs is the best in the area. One I haven't seen mentioned is East Roswell, a really tight and challenging course with lots of elevation change. It doesn't have the length of a Hobbs or Perkerson but it will give your accuracy the ultimate test.