• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Any hope/ideas for making these awful F2 colors at least a LITTLE more visible?

Hope this image works, had some issues with pics from my phone the other day.

attachment.php

Forgot to ask, and I'm sure I could figure it out, but what did you use for the circle outline? Maybe a plate/bowl? That's my likely incorrect guess!

Forgot to ask, and I'm sure I could figure it out, but what did you use for the circle outline? Maybe a plate/bowl? That's my likely incorrect guess!

Yes, made a circle with a plate. I kept the plate in place when I filled it in—kept me from some really ugly slips.

Look forward to seeing your results.

I bought my 3 pack at Walmart. They didn't have fluorescent or anything like you are looking at. Look forward to seeing your results.

Yeah I had no idea neon sharpies existed till now! Could be awesome, could be decidedly average and uninspiring!

In my experience the neon colors don't show up very well and they rub off easily. The silver and gold sharpie wears off pretty easily as well but the color pops more.

Roger that. I think I'm gonna try the 1 inch circle in gold/silver and maybe a 1 inch thick X with the neon. Or just scribble with 5 markers at once like a toddler. Anything that improves visibility at all is cool in my book. These are 8 and 7 dollar discs so they're no treasures, but their flights might be!

I threw a PDGA black ESP Stratus for a few years.
To make it visible and still legal, I used a silver sharpie and drew a 1" thick circle around the disc, about halfway in.
Not perfect, but never lost it.

Same thing I did years ago. Now I just throw my dark discs and make sure I pure it. I got a couple black ones and haven't lost them either after a year so no worries so far even after a couple tree kicks.

The silver sharpie is legal too if anyone goes that route.

GStar Teebird on the left, Pro Thunderbird on the right. I'll try pretty much anything as long as it's semi-legal. Not holding out a ton of hope though! Cool prank, Innova!��

Clear discs are also notoriously difficult to find! :thmbdown:

For PDGA sanctioned tournaments, your disc has to be marked so it can be identified (I haven't found the rule for this yet). But regardless of that, here's the rules:

813.01 Illegal Disc

B. Allowed modifications to a disc after production are limited to:
1. Wear and tear from usage during play;
2. Moderate sanding to address wear and tear or small molding imperfections;
3. Marking with dye or permanent marker ink.

C. Other modifications to a disc after production make the disc illegal, including but not limited to:
1. Modifying the disc in a way that alters its original flight characteristics;
2. Excessively sanding the disc;
3. Etching, carving, or engraving the disc;
4. Adding a material of a detectable thickness such as paint.

Argh....I didn't read far enough. Same rule section...

H. All discs used in play, except mini marker discs, must be identifiably marked. A player receives a warning for the first throw of an unmarked disc. A player receives one penalty throw for each subsequent throw of an unmarked disc.

Latest posts