• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] any OTHER discs that feel similar to a mortar

Lancerswimmer89

Birdie Member
So i just picked up a Mortar cuz i love how "beefy" the rim feels in my hand...are there any other midrange discs out there w/ that similar feel? Looking for maybe something a bit less stable...

Thanks guys!

Innova spider comes to my mind although it has a bead.. It still feels "Beefy" in the rim although it also has a putter-esque feel. Maybe a Shark3? Been a while since I held one. I think one or two of the gateway mids have a meaty rim as well but I can't remember the name of it right now...

Innova spider comes to my mind although it has a bead.. It still feels "Beefy" in the rim although it also has a putter-esque feel. Maybe a Shark3? Been a while since I held one. I think one or two of the gateway mids have a meaty rim as well but I can't remember the name of it righ t now...

One is the demon.

the new Anvil from Westside, Buzzz OS, both beadless and overstable- I especially like the way the Anvil feels and flies for FH tosses- lighter weights and beat them in for less stability

A Quake from DGA would be what I'd compare the Mortar to and this moment. The Quake is over-stable, but can be very workable even to the point of getting it to stay straight. You might want to take a look at it.

Harp is deeper, but similar. I switched to mortars because I needed something more OS, so I see no reason it wouldn't work in reverse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Quake from DGA would be what I'd compare the Mortar to and this moment. The Quake is over-stable, but can be very workable even to the point of getting it to stay straight. You might want to take a look at it.

Quake may fly similarly, but I'll say it feels like a buzzzOS bottom with a sharper top to me. That is to say, decidedly un-mortar-like.

The stiff Pigs feel real beefy in the hand. Get a flat or domey one if you want less beef, concave for real beef.

Never held a mortar or a gator, but the Mako3 feels pretty beefy in the hands and it will hold any line you put it on if your form is good.

Innova spider comes to my mind although it has a bead.. It still feels "Beefy" in the rim although it also has a putter-esque feel. Maybe a Shark3? Been a while since I held one. I think one or two of the gateway mids have a meaty rim as well but I can't remember the name of it right now...

Nope Shark 3 is a very low dome ROC or ROC 3 in DX in how it feels and flies.

Spider is this disc and is less overstable like the guy wants.

3rd for the cro. the "dx stamped "JL run is amazing

if you want more glide and/or larger diameter maybe a discmania MD

for a putter, i thought the discradt roach fills out the hand in a similar way