• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone else just not like tie-dye discs?

i don't use them in the fall, but otherwise I really do like them.. Some of them come out crappy, but I've seen a ton that are really well done with good colors.

-Scott Lewis
Hyzer Flip Disc Golf

There are very few that I have actually thought looked kind of sweet.....but even those wouldn't be in my bag. Harder to find....and dunno just don't like them heh.

The older pro tye dye runs are HIDEOUSSSSSSSSS. Seriously.

Last edited:
I dislike tie-dyes so much I gave this away.

80253_g.jpg

Tie-dyes are for hippies! :|

I really don't like tie-dyed discs. Impossible to find in less-than-stellar conditions. It's like saying, "Hey, I've got a swell idea! Let's camouflage our discs so they're even harder to find! Genius!"

:doh:

I found 2 tye dye champ valks in one day...prlly the same guy throwin haha.

I really couldn't care any less what my discs look like, so as long as it's a color that I can find. It's not worth the extra $$ for the same exact disc IMO.

i like tyedyes with like a solid color in the middle and tyedye around the edges, but i dont like the rainbow looking ones

like:

DSC07201.jpg

dont like:

DSC07211.jpg

Last edited:
I really like the look of some tie dyes - Marshall Street has some really cool looking Z Comets that were dyed in-house.

Actually throwing tie dye discs is pretty stupid though. Unless the colors are really bright or it's done on a dayglo disc, it's like putting a ghillie suit on your disc. I was so relieved when my friend lost his green and dark blue tie dye champ distance driver, you couldn't make a harder to find disc if you tried.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghillie_suit

One of my go to Teebirds for a while was a tie-dyed 11x. There were at least a dozen instances where my shot was less than 3 feet from the pin and I still couldn't find it easily.

Ive heard the champ tye dye discs are actually harder plastic and thus far more stable....I hate the endless searches but my experience has been that they are more stable

I like how they look and some look sweet when thet are flying through the air but I don't throw them because they are too hard to find. I keep them to trade to noobs.

i can understand how they may be hard to see but i havent had any problems finding mine before...guess im just lucky

but then again, this is the tyedye that comes out of my bag most often...those colors are kinda easy to spot
stalker1.jpg

Last edited:
Love how tie dyes look, but hate having to look for them when I throw them. I much prefer the boring solid color kind.

Latest posts