• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone else just not like tie-dye discs?

but then again, this is the tyedye that comes out of my bag most often...those colors are kinda easy to spot
stalker1.jpg

That is a really cool looking disc. :thmbup:

In my experience, though, it would still be harder to find than a light solid color disc, just because the outline is broken up by the tie dye.

Cant stand tie-dyes lol....I don't mind a good stenciled dye though, like the ones done here.

I much prefer the original stamp, although those could use an update also....

I love the way the Tye-Dye discs look...
I love the way the Tye-Dye discs look flying...
Especially ones dyed in different colors around the edges or in stripes accross the entire Disc. They just appear to pulse through the air.

I just try to buy brighter Dyes, and BE SMART and don't throw them on holes/courses where there's a good chance of losing them.

With that being said...I HATE looking for lost Discs...
I would say that 70%+ of my Discs are solid Fluorescent Orange, Green -or- Yellow just for ease of finding them.

I like watching n00bs throw tie dye discs because you can actually see the lack of snap they have.

Whereas watching someone who knows what they are doing they look like a sweet blur of awesome going 50 mph, also.

i like tye dyes but i dont throw them because they are easy to lose

I don't mind them or if others use them, and I certainly appreciate a sweet home-dyed disc, but I don't throw dyes, I really like the factory solid colors and stamps.

I just want a disc that I can easily find. Some tye dyes are fine... some are camo. I won't pay more for a tye dye...

I really don't care for tye dyes at all. My wife has a tye dyed Champ Roadrunner which we dyed over. I think out of all our 130+ discs only 3 are tye dyes. All of which we found, not bought. My son has a Champ Rhyno that is factory dyed with a black center with the color spinning out which I'll admit looks pretty sweet though.

Nothing worse than having to help some one look for their tye dye disc during a tournament. One guy kept losing his and we kept asking him not to throw it but he did anyways. I called a two minute warning on him the next time he lost it and he walked away without it.

Nothing worse than having to help some one look for their tye dye disc during a tournament. One guy kept losing his and we kept asking him not to throw it but he did anyways. I called a two minute warning on him the next time he lost it and he walked away without it.

it's actually three minutes. but I agree that aggravates me to no end.

They can be hard even without stuff on the ground, but have fun finding one at this time of year when the ground is covered in leaves. No thanks! I generally prefer non-natural colors like pink, blue, and bright yellow. Those are the easiest to find IME.

At first I really liked them because they look really cool on good skips in certain designs, but I currently only have one TD disc that's only in my bag on windy days(champ orc). Right now I throw mostly bright yellow discs, since it's winter and gets dark so early.

For me it really depends on the color combination and the intended effect. I like the roughed-up pinwheel look with two solid and highly visible colors. Not a big fan of the rainbow. I do like racing stripes, usually white on blue but again it depends on the color.

In same cases I like logos but otherwise I am not interested in cartoon type dyes.

Lastly, I like the hand-drawn star of overlapping red and blue on a white disc.

I have four discs I really like dyed. A Star TeeBird which is basically a blue hand-drawn star on a white disc. Another is a Z Drone with black and green roughed-up ying-yang. My Star San Marino Roc has a thin blue and red overlapping hand-drawn star on white. My last is my new X-Link Ascent; marblized orange with a faded Monster Drink logo dye.

Only one I have was a nameless one I found. It's a JLS which I like but I've yet to throw it because I don't feel like looking for it. I mostly throw Star plastic because they come in brighter colors though I like the feel and flight of Champion plastic more, but the translucent Champion stuff is harder for my old eyes to find.

I don't dislike them, but I'm not paying extra for a tie-dyed disc. I know it sounds cheap, but I just don't care enough to fork over more cash on what is likely an already over priced disc to begin with.

Latest posts