• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] CT Wasp popularity

Anyone else throw these? I know that when McBeth first switched over he was throwing them as a direct replacement to his KC Roc. They feel nearly identical to a flat KC Roc and they fly great! But why haven't they caught on the same way?

The Wasp is naturally more overstable than a Roc so the CTs didn't get as much love as they should (came out less overstable than a normal run). I'm not a Wasp guy myself but they do feel great!

Availability and price compared to Flat top KC/DX Roc or Tour Series Roc3s or DX/XT RocX3. Not really wanting to spend $19+ on a mid grade LE plastic.

If they feel/fly near identical to a flat KC Roc but cost $5 more and have unknown/limited availability why would I go for that unless I was forced to or a big McBeth fanatic.

i hate to admit it but recently i was eyeing up the rock3 since wasp isnt regularly offered in baseline and discraft apparently quit making the pro d buzz

i hate to admit it but recently i was eyeing up the rock3 since wasp isnt regularly offered in baseline and discraft apparently quit making the pro d buzz
Come to the darkside.

I would 100% bag a wasp (or 3) if DC made it in a decent baseline or midgrade plastic.

Aren't Rocks better domey in base plastic and flat in premium plastic?

Then again I'm no Kam Patterson...

Aren't Rocks better domey in base plastic and flat in premium plastic?

Then again I'm no Kam Patterson...
Flat, base plastic is my preference. Domey rocs sit wrong in my hand.

Picking up a nice flat roc is like putting on a favorite pair of jeans. Just feels right.

Come to the darkside.

I would 100% bag a wasp (or 3) if DC made it in a decent baseline or midgrade plastic.
and the price is right too on the factory store for dx x outs

no way discrap is offering anything close to that

next time i stock up on sw and wraiths if they have any i might have to try a few to see what i am missing

i dont think ive thrown a rock3 since they came out

next time i stock up on sw and wraiths if they have any i might have to try a few to see what i am missing

Roc3 is a Roc that feels like a Roc but flies like a Buzzz. so no surprise you're about to make the leap.

Buy 10+ x-outs and DX is $4.80 each. Gstar is $8.

Me being cheap isn't the only reason that I throw mostly Innova, but it's a big one. Shiny new plastic is tempting, but when I can get a handful of Roc3s for the same price as a single premium disc?

Elmex is buying rocks.

I'm out yall greens delete me lol
im gettin backed into a corner

im about to delete myself im so ashamed

Buy 10+ x-outs and DX is $4.80 each. Gstar is $8.

Me being cheap isn't the only reason that I throw mostly Innova, but it's a big one. Shiny new plastic is tempting, but when I can get a handful of Roc3s for the same price as a single premium disc?

its what got me back into throwin sw to be honest having $8 gstarr is amazing

no reason not to check at least one out especially at under $5 for an add on

I would buy and throw lots of CT wasps if they weren't twice the price I paid for esp ones straight from discraft. So instead I throw granite quakes but my stack is dwindling since they only last a month or two.

Think of it as a McRib. It's a business decision on the part of Discraft to limit the availability of certain molds in certain plastics so they can sell them at a higher premium, in the same way that McDonald's can sell McRibs whenever they want, but they artificially increase the demand for it by limiting it seasonally. In this way DC can sell $12 discs for $24, adding the "shiny" factor of Ledgestone and signature stamps. Disc golfers have consistently demonstrated their willingness to part with money because "OOH! SHINY!" and DC is willing to capitalize.

Don't get me wrong, I love Wasps and am breaking some in atm, but the course I go to after work is heavily wooded and I don't believe that CT would hold up well to a collision with a tree at moderate speed. CT didn't actually stand for Crazy Tuff originally, it was somebody's initials who is now forgotten and this is mid grade plastic.

Don't get me wrong, I love Wasps and am breaking some in atm, but the course I go to after work is heavily wooded and I don't believe that CT would hold up well to a collision with a tree at moderate speed. CT didn't actually stand for Crazy Tuff originally, it was somebody's initials who is now forgotten and this is mid grade plastic.
This one has hit some trees and still flies more stable than a Buzzz. Although this is Elite X, not CT20231202_075914.jpg

This one has hit some trees and still flies more stable than a Buzzz. Although this is Elite X, not CT

That's a Wasp? Disc says 2004, just sayin... I have an Elite Pro XL from "back in the day" and its a great flyer and easy to control, but I can't afford to develop it because I can't replace it, so it sits at home. Same reason I throw P-line PDs, because they are available and I can break them in, affordably replace them and not worry about it.