• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone ever get whacked by a disc?

At a tourney yesterday, we all decided to ace run everything four holes in. The first guy up throws really hard on like a 120' hole for the ace, goes too high, hits the dude on the teepad right in the cream snacks.

I am really due. I have hit a few people. The first time I turned over a King on a long downhill shot. At mid flight it occured to me that the practice basket was in the direction of my drive. My friend and I run to the left of the pad to see around the corner. I see one guy practice putting and we start yelling "fore!" just before he gets hit he turns toward us and takes a massive shot in the gut. It knocked him back on the ground. After we got down- I appolagize, he shows me a massive gash just below the ribs. Next time I was in a tournament. A family decides to go for a walk in the disc golf park! I yelled "fore", because my shot went out of sight. The dad got hit pretty hard in the arm. He waited for me so he could tell me about it. Again I apolagized. I really thought it might end badly- it did not. Once on a 400'+ wide open hole I had a woman and her kids decide to play 30' in front of the box... I explain to her that it is not a good idea to play here. If you just move 30' to the right or left you will be clear of any flying discs. She gets pissed at me - decides to stand 30' in front of me and says "you couldnt hit me if you tried" LOL! I told her thats fine just move your kids out of the way first and you can dodge my full throttle rip. She just wondered off eventually and it ended without conflict.

Took a nuke to the jar and got knocked down had no idea what happend.. Just remember I couldn't chew for a few days

I was playing Polish Horseshoes with a Magnet against my brother and his girlfriend on the beach. I threw my shot at the post/can but was a little off target and she wasn't paying attention. The disc hit her square in the chest (bikini top) and let's just say she was a little upset.

During Intimidation Doubles last year, the "intimidator" was kneeling on the ground about 50 feet in front of the tee. The guy throwing hit him in the nose with a destroyer. It was a 330 foot hole so the disc was moving. Broken nose, lots of blood, and stitches required.

I recieved 7 stitches from being hit in the face with a champion boss... It was not his fault as the course has hole 9 and 10 like a 2 way road. he gave me the boss and it is hanging on the wall with my 700 dollar bill for 7 stitches unpaid... lol

We have a course where people get whacked but I don't condone it. I would never do it on the course and have never had it happen to me on the course.

I hit a guy in the arm during a distance competition during CCR Open 2012. I can normally get a disc out to around 500' So it was cooking. He was walking to retreive some of his drives and I turned one over to much and hit him above the elbow about 250ft out. No cuts, Large bruise and swelling though. Me and 20 others were yelling fore, no response. Sorry dude. Disc was Blizzard Boss.

I got hit 2 weeks ago in the right eye area. People were practicing putting before our mini. Everyone was walking to be basket to get their discs. I hear "FOUR" and I look up to find this disc and SMACK! Knocked my contacts out and gave me a black eye and bruised nose. The day before my putting was on and I took second in Open at our mini. This day it took me around 6 holes to finally be able to focus on the basket. Threw my entire game off.

I got hit 2 weeks ago in the right eye area. People were practicing putting before our mini. Everyone was walking to be basket to get their discs. I hear "FOUR" and I look up to find this disc and SMACK! Knocked my contacts out and gave me a black eye and bruised nose.

Never look up when someone calls out fore or "heads up"; I raise my hands up around my head for protection.

Hole 1, East Park, Rochester, MN. There is a sand volleyball court past and right of the basket and there was a women's volleyball tournament in progress. Of course, you know the rest of the story. Thankfully, the woman I hit bent over at the last second and the disc just skipped off her back and didn't hurt her at all. I made my 40ft putt from the edge of the court with about 50 women watching though.

I watched Cam Todd throw a drive during the final 9 at PW2001 on a 300+ ft up hill hole and smoked a dude in the temple. I was directly across the fairway and it sounded just like it it does when you smoke a tree with a drive. Lots of blood, but the dude was fine.

I freaked out on the people playing behind me yesterday. They threw on my group while we were playing the hole even after I saw them and told them that we would let them play through on the next hole. I felt kind of bad for snapping out after, but WTF?

My friend has hit me a total of 11 times now... fortunately it's only when he's in the putting area. He's putted at my head 3-4 times and hit me everywhere else except my nuts. Any time I play with him getting hit is no longer a shock (though I still get pissed nonetheless).

Caught a crush to the shin one afternoon when a group of friends and I were playing.. every group has "that guy" and our guys nickname is Crash.. Figures lol crush/crash. Anywho he was probably 80ft away from me, 150 from the basket and whipped a crazy sidearm throw and didn't feel like calling fore! I still think to this day that he had to be aiming for me ha

I've been hit by stray drives a couple of times, and to my shame once skipped a stray drive into a pedestrian. I apologized and she was forgiving, and none of the hits I have given or received caused any injury. If you don't step in front of someone when they're throwing, you probably won't get hit very hard if you ever are. Even drivers don't hurt 300' or more downfield. Don't step in front of people in your group and you probably won't get hurt.

My third time out ever. I had had just bought a few blizzard discs because I got suckered in with the "this will definitely give beginners the distance avdanced players get" pitch from the pro shop owner. So I brought my wife and my three year old son to watch me play( who likes playing solo?). They get tired of it after one basket and decide to go watch the ducks at the lake a hundred feet to the right. Tee#2 was a shot along side the lake and past the end of the lake. I take my 132 blizzard katana and rip it as hard as I can, which made me release it with hyzer( at the time I was LHBH). Disc flies up and out about 150' before zeroing in on a group of people at the end of the lake and zooming straight towards them. I see my wife and son standing there watching me throw. I don't say fore because I was just praying it would drop out before reaching them. It slams my wifes shin a foot away from my son's head and leaves a bump for a week. The locals were at a tee close by her and apologized to her and said "some people just don't know what weight they shold be throwing". She said "that's my husband, and that's what he's trying to figure out right now." They got a good laugh. Now I yell fore when i'm sure it's going within ten feet of someone... When it's ten feet in front of someone. I hope you all enjoy my story.