• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone get new discs for Xmas?

Star Eagle
Star Mako
Star Valk
Star TL

And bought myself a:
ESP Surge

This is the first time I asked for and/or got my lady to buy me discs and she got exactly what I wanted and from Disc Golf Center:

Blue 178 FLX Drone
Pink 178 Z Wasp

I can't wait to try these guys out. I'm hoping the Drone might fit in as a short overstable disc that reaches where my Virbram VP (similar to a Pig) can't and I certainly hope the Wasp doesn't put my pair of Sentinels out of work. :eek:

I recieved a Silver GoldLine Striker and an R-Pro Boss.
I gave myself one of those Rt. 66 Teebirds (champ/star blend).

Then you have a cool new Black Stalker coming. It is a sweet looking disc. Mine hasn't gone airborne yet since it looks so cool. I'l just keep beating up my other one.

100_3753.jpg

I got this custom dyed Champion Rhyno and a White Disccraft Surge with the same avatar on it as well.

In addition to the discs below, I got to order 2 more Instep baskets for my home course so I'll be able to have 6 "permanently" installed baskets. Plus I got a $100 Lowes card to buy the extra chains and hooks to help them catch better.

picture.php

Totally expanding my brand selection here. I''ve only had Innova and Millennium before and am adding Discraft and Quest AT.

The Vibram Open disc is a 166g Wraith. I was thrilled to get a lighter weight in Champion.
I'm hoping that the Inferno will really add distance to my rubber arm.
I love my JLSs so I thought I'd try the Orion... plus I needed a stable driver.
I have a heavier Viking and wanted to try a lighter weight.
And what can I say about the Buzzz. I have a couple Rocs. With all of the debates on here about Roc vx. Buzzz I figured that I had to make the Buzzz my first Discraft disc.

Hope that everyone else gets to enjoy their new plastic soon. We still have a foot of snow on the ground and we're getting freezing rain right now.

Merry Christmas everyone!

In addition to the discs below, I got to order 2 more Instep baskets for my home course so I'll be able to have 6 "permanently" installed baskets. Plus I got a $100 Lowes card to buy the extra chains and hooks to help them catch better.

That sounds great. We're all so happy for you man...so when did you say we're all invited to your place? :D

But seriously, there's a course in New hampshire which has Instep baaskets with upgraded chains which easily improved them by 400%.

So, I finally got my Christmas discs out onto the practice field yesterday. Here's the verdict.

Champion Wraith... A little too much disc for me right now to throw "properly." Fortunately, this is exactly what I was looking for. It works perfectly for my flex shots so I am very pleased.

Inferno... the jury's still out. I didn't get it to do anything right yet. Flew like crap for me on almost every throw. I'll give it another try, though, as it was probably me, and not the disc, causing the problems.

Orion LF... love it. Either flexed a little or perfectly flat this thing screams. Did I mention that I love it? If only I could have gotten it in something other than white. Maybe it's time for an LS too?

Viking... exactly what I wanted. A bit lighter than the other one in my bag and just a bit easier to flip a little.

Buzzz... well I wanted to know what the Buzzz was all about and I found out. I'm very impressed! As long as I didn't over throw it, (or maybe OAT) it would go straight a long way. I'll have to be careful not to turn it over, though. Use the right disc for the right job, right? :D

Anyway, anyone else having good success with their Christmas plastic?

picture.php

Totally expanding my brand selection here. I''ve only had Innova and Millennium before and am adding Discraft and Quest AT.

The Vibram Open disc is a 166g Wraith. I was thrilled to get a lighter weight in Champion.
I'm hoping that the Inferno will really add distance to my rubber arm.
I love my JLSs so I thought I'd try the Orion... plus I needed a stable driver.
I have a heavier Viking and wanted to try a lighter weight.
And what can I say about the Buzzz. I have a couple Rocs. With all of the debates on here about Roc vx. Buzzz I figured that I had to make the Buzzz my first Discraft disc.

Hope that everyone else gets to enjoy their new plastic soon. We still have a foot of snow on the ground and we're getting freezing rain right now.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Weekend before last I finally got out for the first time since late Nov.
I got to try my Xmas Drone and Wasp and the 2 Vibram Proto Ridges I got in Dec.
I'd love to write great reviews of these but I was so out of practice that everything was flying way overstable for me.

I'll say that the Ridge is just like the VP (if that means anything to you) but flies more stable than overstable like the VP. I think the VP flies very similar to a Pig so think of this as a Pig that flies really flat but it holds a line REAL well so if you tilt the wing up a bit and huck it, it's going to hold that slight anhyzer a long way without turning over any extra.

In Innova speak let's say the VP is a 3/1/0/3.
I'd say the Ridge is a 3/1/0/2.
People say it's like a Wizard. Sadly, I don't know the Wizard's ways so I can't compare. It's a great disc though.