• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone highly offended by the term frolf?

and you choose that as your 1st post.

His 2nd and 3rd posts were equally as impressive.

I never heard anyone use the term until the Seinfeld episode. Everyone I know says disc golf or frisbee golf.

Was that term used a lot before the "Summer of George" episode?

What second and third post? :)

That thread has managed to stay sane and some what interesting so I didn't want trolling to derail it.

What second and third post? :)

That thread has managed to stay sane and some what interesting so I didn't want trolling to derail it.

They're over on the "sad" thread. Unless I mistaked a couple posts over there from a different person.

His 2nd and 3rd posts were equally as impressive.

I never heard anyone use the term until the Seinfeld episode. Everyone I know says disc golf or frisbee golf.

Was that term used a lot before the "Summer of George" episode?

When I hear the term "frolf" I always think people are saying "Disc golf/ Hey remember that episode of Seinfield? It was funny!" It never even occurred to me that people are seriously saying "frolf" as in "That what I'm saying is the name of this sport."

Still why should I care, its just a word.

You know, a coworker of mine asked me if I went "frolfing" the day earlier. I had no idea what he was talking about. When he explained, I thought he was either making fun, or just being a real nerd. I'm glad to know he didn't make this one up on his own.

Still, anyone who uses the term "frolf" in jest, is just showing their own ignorance. When they throw their first 300+ foot drive, they'll understand.

i find it hilarious how ubsurd some of you are about a word. why does it matter what you call it as long as you have fun. i played just about every day this summer and occasionally the word frolf came out of my mouth. i don't think that makes me any less of a "frolfer" "disc golfer" "frisbee golfer"... so lets bang some chains!

frisbee golf sounds ridiculous to me period. frisbee is different than a disc. i believe frisbee is trademarked and discs are more aerodynamic and involves more skill, frisbee golf makes disc golf sound like a stoner sport which it has already been accepted to be

I copied this over from a wikipedia discussion that I thought was appropriate.

"A Frisbee is a brand of disc (a registered trademark of Wham-O, Inc.) It's not a type or style of disc. There are beveled-edge golf discs, clearly recognizable to disc golfers as golf discs, and designed for the sport, which ARE "Frisbee" discs (i.e. they are from Wham-O, and are marketed with Wham-O's trademark). They are not merely "like" Frisbees, they ARE Frisbees."

Basically all you people who use the term frisbee to mean the type of disc you play catch with are the ones that are using the term wrong. Just because you are used to using a term in a certain way doesn't mean that is the correct definition of the term. So if you want o be offended by the term "frolf" or "frisbee golf" that's fine. I think Frolf sounds stupid too. But quit telling me that frisbee is a type of disc because it's not. :p

I do not care for it. It sounds like something that happens when you drink to much. But there are people who only know this term for the game. So I suppose we are stuck with it.

offensive? not so much. am i going to have much respect for someone i hear using it seriously? No.

I am definitely not a fan of the word frolf. It feels weird saying it, it sounds weird hearing someone saying it, and it looks weird typed out. So a :thmbdown: for the word frolf in my book.

I don't care for the word frolf either, but I'm curious as to why another thread from 2008 suddenly got a reply...what's going on today?

I can't stop myself from saying frolf. It's what I started with and all I heard for 5 years or so.

Frolf frolf frolf.

I'll get caught up talking to different people; I will stop mid-sentence and think about whether disc golf or frolf is appropriate. Around my old crew and family, it's frolf, around everyone else, its disc golf.

But seriously, who cares?

I don't care for the word frolf either, but I'm curious as to why another thread from 2008 suddenly got a reply...what's going on today?

LOL It looks like Disc Dog is trying to relive some old memories because it looks like he is probably to one knocking the dust off of these old threads.

Latest posts