• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone in SC want to play Thurs, Fri, or Sat?

joe_kool315

Birdie Member
Will be free for a couple afternoons before heading back to FL. I'll be mostly in the Columbia area but can get to All Terrain and any course in Columbia area. I've got a limited bag right now as I had my main bag and 200+ discs stolen out of my truck while I was TDY but still would like to get out if anyone's interested.

Is your signature your remaining limited bag, or an APB for the stolen discs?

It's a little early for me to be sure of my schedule, but I might be able to play Stoney Hill on Saturday. It's about 45 minutes from downtown Columbia, closer if you're on the northwest side of town. It's also a bit of a workout, with the everpresent danger that your bag will be even more limited when you're done.

Feel free to join us Saturday morning in Chapin - 20 miles west of down town Columbia on I-26 - at Crooked Creek park. We play at 9am, could be 4 - 14 of us. You can call me @ 803-319-7171

damn jk cant believe that about your discs :( .. wish i could make it down state to play but yeah.. work :(

David ... It's some of what was in my bag. Used to be my set up. I'm almost 100% DD with a splash of Lat here and there. My set up I have here is my old glow discs and well lat has very few of those. Stoney Hill sounds awesome. I haven't thrown a single disc in about 2 months though ( just getting back from TDY and took a vacation with the wife) so I may not be up to that challenge! I'm game though. How many normally come out there on a Saturday?

.Ian ... Yeah ALL my backups and my main throwers are gone. Having to start completely over. I had some nice natural beauty and blended plastics that will be very hard to replace :-/

Can you make it to Stoney Hill Sat?

nobody wants to play with you up there mr kool! now get ur butt back home so you can run dubs on sunday!hahahahaaha. I hope you are enjoying your vaca.

David ... It's some of what was in my bag. Used to be my set up. I'm almost 100% DD with a splash of Lat here and there. My set up I have here is my old glow discs and well lat has very few of those. Stoney Hill sounds awesome. I haven't thrown a single disc in about 2 months though ( just getting back from TDY and took a vacation with the wife) so I may not be up to that challenge! I'm game though. How many normally come out there on a Saturday?[/QUOTE]

None. Usually. But every once in a while, a half-dozen or more people will show up.

The scoop is that you need reservations and a guide, being Chris or I, the first time out. At this point, I'm not entirely sure what my weekend looks like.

You should add "R.I.P." to your signature, if those are the discs that were stolen. Make it a memorial to them.

We could bring the Mornin'wood crew, maybe everyone could pitch in a disc or three to help fill the bag back up!

Yeah Chris I've been by there a couple times. I bought the Carolina team DRI fit shirt from you a couple years ago. I'm throwing mainly DD or Lat right now and don't remember you having much of that in yet.

David, let me know as soon as you figure out your schedule and I'll figure it out from there. I had over 250 discs stolen so that would be a heck of an RIP list.

I'll probably stay within 1/2 to an hour of the Cola metro area. Sorry bird man ... I do plan ob making the clt trip when i have time to stay for a few days and hit as many courses as I can.

I'll be back soon enough shug ... But will likely be retiring the dubs hat before long anyway :p

Mainly would need a Schweet xXx or trident. Maybe a stiletto.

Would only be looking for either natural beauties or gl-opto mixed type stuff

I'm able to play starting about 1pm anywhere between Grand Central Station and Chattooga Belle Farm. I'm taking day off to see one of my ads programs in school...should be done about lunch time.

Would love to finally play a round or two with you sadjo but I think grand central is bout 2 & 1/2 hours from here, I'm about 30 min east of north east Columbia. I'll look up chatatooga belle farms but if it's in the same area ... Stony hill will be about as far as I can get that way. Grand Central should be in phenomenal shape by now! I've played it twice in various states of development with .Ian and it had great potential. I just can't stray that gar this time.

Have you played Southeast Park? If so, it's not in your profile. Columbia's newest and most challenging course (excluding Stoney Hill). If you're 30 minutes ENE of Columbia, it should be convenient to you. I rarely play it because it's not convenient to me, but I've made a Facebook inquiry as to how well it's been maintained this summer, and will let you know.

Yeah Southeast Park didn't exist last time I was home! Looks like a great course from what Ican see and iI used to live righ off 378 when i was stationed at Shaw so I'm very familiar with that area!!! Thanks for the knoggins up!

It's a fine course, lots of variety and challenge. I only played it once last year, as a temp. course, and once in June, as it debuted for a charity tournament. New courses tend to be rough, and just don't know how well the city's done maintaining it through its first summer. (Great, for all I know). Not sure how easy it is to navigate, since I know my way around.

I posted on the Columbia Disc Golf Club's facebook page that there's a visitor looking for courses to play and people to play them with, and hopefully someone will chime in here.

Thanks David ... from what I read, having a couple folks that are familiar with the course would definitely be a plus. Thanks for your help!

Latest posts