• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

anyone own one of these "Fade Gear" bags?

Dustindt

http://fadegear.com/
I saw them on MS tonight and they seem cheap enough. Just wondering how they hold up?

D

Never seen them before but they claim the plastic clips are backup roach clips...interesting marketing.

My first thought was that they seem to be just copies of already existing bags, but then again, how many variations of golf bags can exist? There's only so much you can do with the requirements given- disc compartment, drink holder(s), pockets for crap.

One option I haven't seen yet is a golf bag with a camelback-style water holder instead of bottle holders. That'll never fly, because no matter how much pooh-poohing DGers do about "jerkwads that come to drink beer instead of golf", most of the bottle holders I see on the course are filled with beer, not water.

I like how their products are field tested by Howler Monkey's. They are right up MS's alley.

The bags seem just as good as most of the others you normally see out there. They seem to be a fun company, the rep was really cool, and the price was right. They are our the newest, cheapest, smallest bag in the store, which is great because we get alot of new players in buying a bag for the first time, and they don't want to spend much at all at this point in their dg lives.

Couldn't believe how much crap I was able to put in their touring bag. And their mid size one, "Crunch Box..." nearly half the price of other similarly spacious bags... that's sweet.

hope this doesn't come off as excessive propaganda or anything, it's not. Just letting ppl know where we're at with these, because we're a little excited about them, we've never heard of the company before, we don't know how they'll last (our guess is a comparable time period), but we do feel we should support new DG Businesses, or at least give them a chance. Support the sport, Grow the sport.

we got em here, so if you have any questions, I can answer them for you.

just throwing this all out there,

dave

These bags look great. I was just emailing them asking some questions and the customer service has been excellent. I think I'll be ordering one later today. The price is great.

bogies is dave said:
their mid size one, "Crunch Box..." nearly half the price of other similarly spacious bags... that's sweet.
Is that the Revo mini knockoff one? It's $36 before shipping. Show me the other bag that size that costs anywhere near twice as much.

I saw these bags once before while surfing around, but at the time, I think they were mostly out of stock with their products. I was worried that it was another company that faded (har, no pun intended) before its time...glad to see they're back. They do look to be good bags, a good alternative to the other non-Revo/GB bags out there. And yeah, I like their attitude--like I said about the Wingnut guys, a sense of humor goes a long way in helping to make a purchase for me.

Eric O said:
bogies is dave said:
their mid size one, "Crunch Box..." nearly half the price of other similarly spacious bags... that's sweet.
Is that the Revo mini knockoff one? It's $36 before shipping. Show me the other bag that size that costs anywhere near twice as much.

MS sells these for $25, with $5 shipping... $31.

http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/proddetail.asp?prod=bag_fadecrunchbox

I should've mentioned our price.

and I think that nearly and spacious are just vague and apt enough...

but maybe not.

you decide.

Feel free to yell at me...

:)

Eric O said:
bogies is dave said:

$25 from MS, Revo Mini is $45, both before shipping. As a proud Mini owner, I have to say I might like the Crunch Box better--real bottle holder, raised pockets, towel clip--seems to have better features except for the little frame thing that the Mini has. I guess the real question is durability. Revo's have already proven themselves to hold up, if the Fade stuff compares, it seems like a good deal indeed.

Well knowing now that MS is selling them for considerably less than the fadegear website that changes the equation, and makes that price comparison statement hold a lot more water. They seem decent. Not the fit and finish I'm looking for in a bag but probably fine for people who don't put their bags through the paces daily like I do..

Tim_the_Enchanter said:
$25 from MS, Revo Mini is $45, both before shipping. As a proud Mini owner, I have to say I might like the Crunch Box better--real bottle holder, raised pockets, towel clip--seems to have better features except for the little frame thing that the Mini has. I guess the real question is durability. Revo's have already proven themselves to hold up, if the Fade stuff compares, it seems like a good deal indeed.
One useful but overlooked feature on the Revo bags that would be easy to duplicate on any other bag is the haul loops next to the strap anchors. These are really handy for numerous uses.

I'll bet $$$ that they are made in China.

In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if they were made by the same people that make the Innova bags. IMO they look an awful lot alike except for the putter pocket. Almost identical now that I look at both pictures.

22797ae62f38ab681dba4a330c05aa0f.image.750x492.jpg

competition_bagquartera.jpg

:D
I noticed the similiarities right away since I use that very Innova bag.

I ordered 3 of the smallest Fade bags that were on sale for my youngest kids...10 bucks each. I ordered last night late, and they are already on their way (received Fedex tracking info earlier today). If they hold up at all, I'll be happy.

I guess if you find out what company in China is making something you can approach them and have them make it for you. A few small changes and you're in the bag business. I'll have to go back and read what people had to say about the Innova bags.

The innova bag is made by Hero out of Japan. I have gotten a few phone calls from these guys and they told me they have an exclusive deal with Innova on the bags. (I was trying to get one without the Innova logo on it).

great looking bags... i actually like them a little more from the pictures than the innova bag but i allready got the innova bag so i be happy with it.

Well, they SHIPPED my oreder quickly, but to the wrong address. :roll: I contacted Fedex, and they say there is nothing they can do, as FadeGear put the wrong address on the label (My invoice and receipt show my correct address). Customer Support seems to be lacking at FadeGear. It's only been a little over half an hour, but I sent an email to their customer support, and their "Contact Us" addresses. NO phone number is on the site, and none turned up in a Whtepages search. Might want to hold off before you order if anyone was thinking about it. I'll let you know how this turns out. :( The address that was put on the label doesn't even exist...as I drove there right away thinking I could just pick up the package if I got lucky, as Fedex says it was "left at back door". :roll: Hopefully I'm stressing for nothing, and this will get resolved between Fade & Fedex...but it concerns me.

Major bummer. Do you know what address it was sent to? If it's close track it on the web, show up at that address and retrieve your bag.