• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone Putt with a Summit?

the_pwnerator

Eagle Member
I'm looking for a new putter. I still love my anode for driving, but it just hasn't been sticking to the chains for me lately. So I'd definitely like to try a vibram putter.

Now it's only going to be used within the circle, so no need for a putter with driving capabilities, the pig and anode cover those for me. Does anyone else use these within the circle?

I did for a little bit, but then went back to Wizards. The shallow rim makes it feel awkward as a putting putter. I prefer it for driving. Consider a Sole, it has a more traditional putter feel with the same vibram rubber awesomeness.

I did for a little bit, but then went back to Wizards. The shallow rim makes it feel awkward as a putting putter. I prefer it for driving. Consider a Sole, it has a more traditional putter feel with the same vibram rubber awesomeness.

How shallow is the rim? Shallower than an Anode? I have never tried a really shallow rimmed putter.

Love my (Medium) Summit for all putting duties out to 30 feet. Then I jump putt with a stiff DX Aviar. The Summit REALLY reminds me of a soft, premium plastic XD. Highly controllable for short to medium length putts, and I find the Medium really sticks to the chains nicely and gets a little "bounce" if you come up a bit short and low in the cage. I also use it for controlled anhyzers out to 190, then I pull out the Fuse, and eventually the Stingray. I sometimes refer to it as my "mini Fuse" as it reminds me of the flight pattern when I release it flat and hard.

Love my (Medium) Summit for all putting duties out to 30 feet. Then I jump putt with a stiff DX Aviar. The Summit REALLY reminds me of a soft, premium plastic XD. Highly controllable for short to medium length putts, and I find the Medium really sticks to the chains nicely and gets a little "bounce" if you come up a bit short and low in the cage. I also use it for controlled anhyzers out to 190, then I pull out the Fuse, and eventually the Stingray. I sometimes refer to it as my "mini Fuse" as it reminds me of the flight pattern when I release it flat and hard.

That's pretty much exactly what I wanted to hear :D

I just got some new Moabs...and well now that I have Vibram soles on my shoes..my bag needs some love too..

Yes, shallower than an Anode. It is my goto driving putter.... great for turnovers and flipping to flat. It's really easy to just put a little more or less power on it to achieve the line you want. I used to putt with summits, but I'm using Omega SS's now. Really the only reason I switched was because of the amazing feel of old SS... otherwise I'd still be using summits. Either way, I'd be lost without them.

Paging BrotherDave...

I'm here, I'm here!

I'm looking for a new putter. I still love my anode for driving, but it just hasn't been sticking to the chains for me lately. So I'd definitely like to try a vibram putter.

Now it's only going to be used within the circle, so no need for a putter with driving capabilities, the pig and anode cover those for me. Does anyone else use these within the circle?
Yeah, I putt only with Summit and drive/approach with Ions/Anode. I love the Summit, I literally can't putt with anything else. The shallow/low profile is awesome for my short fingers and it's a little wider diam. than lots of putters so it feels more manipulable to me. The Vibram rubber is great for catching chains, I can't count how many times I've blasted a gimmie putt into the chains to see it stick to the outer chains and come back into the basket. They don't glide very well (like all Vibram putters) but I like that in a "circle" putter.

Now the bad part. On baskets with light chains or sparse chains (like old Machs), you can very easily hit the pole and bounce out. Even on gimmie putts, you're better off not hitting dead center and if you're not paying attention it will lead to really comical spit outs. They also roll away a bit more than conventional putters (Aviars, Wizards, etc) but I'd say no more or less than MVP putters.

I prefer a medium x-link with a little bit of flex, try to feel them out by hand when you go to get one b/c some are slick.

Try the Trak while you're at it. Pretty much the fuse in fairway driver form, at least for me. Plus it's made of rubber which is boss for a driver

I use a medium Summit for putts out to 80ft. Jump not needed. They do require a bit more height and additional power on release compared to most traditional putters. I switched from Omega ss and hardly noticed a difference in the feel of the disc. The biggest difference was in glide. Instead of letting the glide carry the disc into the chains like I was with the omega, I am now more confident and putt through the basket without worrying the putt will go to far past if I miss. Summits are not completely glide less though. I use a firm Summit for laser beams and turnovers to around 250.

can anyone compare the summit depth to the depth of the pure? These sound interesting and may help me complete my vibram bag.

If you like Wizards you'd probably like the Vibram Ridge. I have a firm and a medium that replaced my Wizards and stay exactly like they came.

Summit and Pure:
Photo%2520Jul%252013%252C%252012%252058%252001%2520PM.jpg

Marshall Street has a bucketload of pretty ones. Ridge's and VP's too. Justin at Communitydiscs has lots of pretty Ibex's and Obex's.

On that note, kudos to Vibram for the new colors. After the uninspiring flat solid colors and the gorgeous but virtually camouflage earth tone discs, they are now producing vibrant, gorgeous colors that I can see when I inevitably shank one in the weeds.

Last edited:
I can't seem to find the rim depth of the Summit. Does anyone know Vibram's official measurement?

Latest posts