• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Anyone try the new Innova discs?

They were available at the USDGC.

I did pick mine up at USDGC. I actually went out and threw it today (only once). It didn't fly anything like my champion coyote that's for sure. It didn't come close to flipping. I did throw it with a bit of hyzer and it was the maiden flight so maybe it will get a bit straighter? Star plastic takes a good while to break in though. Hit chains on a hole with my roc. Think it'll stay in the bag...

I hope I don't end up like ATLscott ... I've definitely grown fond of my shark over the past week or so,

The 2 rocs I have in my bag right now have been in there almost a year... I'm well past fondness :)

Tried my new discs out for about an hour today. Here are my initial impressions:

Pro Boss (167g) - pretty much exactly what I was hoping for, right in between the R-Pro (162g, not stable enough) and the Champion (175g, too overstable). Just the right amount of stability for my arm so I don't have to worry about flipping it, even on a big S-curve shot. I beat my distance record on the first 2 holes I threw, so this will definately by my primary big-D driver.

Star Dart - I like the Dart and normally use an R-Pro, but was hoping for something a little more firm, however all of the Star Darts are super gummy, so the only improvement would be durability. I would like to see this made in a more firm version.

Star Mako - I liked it and could see it earning a spot in my bag. It actually seemed to fly alot like the Dart, maybe a hair more stable. Since I like the way the Dart flies, but have never been a huge fan of the weird lip, I could see the Mako replacing my Dart because gripping it feels much better in my hand.

Star Mako - I liked it and could see it earning a spot in my bag. It actually seemed to fly alot like the Dart, maybe a hair more stable. Since I like the way the Dart flies, but have never been a huge fan of the weird lip, I could see the Mako replacing my Dart because gripping it feels much better in my hand.

I have one on the way. I like my Coyote for turnovers. How would you compare it to a Shark?

Tried my new discs out for about an hour today. Here are my initial impressions:

Pro Boss (167g) - pretty much exactly what I was hoping for, right in between the R-Pro (162g, not stable enough) and the Champion (175g, too overstable). Just the right amount of stability for my arm so I don't have to worry about flipping it, even on a big S-curve shot. I beat my distance record on the first 2 holes I threw, so this will definately by my primary big-D driver.

Star Dart - I like the Dart and normally use an R-Pro, but was hoping for something a little more firm, however all of the Star Darts are super gummy, so the only improvement would be durability. I would like to see this made in a more firm version.

I hate when they make star really gummy. I bought a star skeeter thinking it would be firm, not a chance its like playdough. Look on the bright side though, if you don't have a bag you can just fold it up and put it in your back pocket.:D

I have one on the way. I like my Coyote for turnovers. How would you compare it to a Shark?

I never really got into the Shark much, but I would say the Mako is less stable and has more glide from what I remember of the Shark. I'm pretty sure the Mako is a larger diameter which I like better also.

I hate when they make star really gummy. I bought a star skeeter thinking it would be firm, not a chance its like playdough. Look on the bright side though, if you don't have a bag you can just fold it up and put it in your back pocket.:D

What weight and what do you want for that gummy skeeter? I've got a 167 firm yellow skeeter I'll swap you for it.

I never really got into the Shark much, but I would say the Mako is less stable and has more glide from what I remember of the Shark. I'm pretty sure the Mako is a larger diameter which I like better also.

Thanks, I was sensing that. I do like the Shark, though I'm sure a "worn" Roc is very similar. For me, it's my straightest flyer.

Threw the San Marino yesterday in a glow tourney, it holds a straight line for a while, a little bit longer than the other rocs I think. If you are driving it or throwing hard, it is straight and will fade a good 10 feet at the end. If you are using it to approach, it has a surprisingly straight finish.

Well i have had my Star Dart and Star San Marino Roc for about a week now, and a freind that i play with multiple times a week has the Star Mako. He are My opinion. I repeat "opinion".
San Marino Roc, Star, 180
Great flyer, will hold any line i put on it, being my first Roc i am very pleased, slightly flippy when i try to push it out to 300'+ probably form issues. Reminds me of my wasp but less stable.
Dart, Star, 175
I hated this disc for the first few days, almost traded it for an esp 09 ace race/focus. I did enjoy it for 100'-150' up shots. I just could not get away from my rhyno for 40' nd under puts, i love haveing a thumb trac for grip. I finaly decied to try it with a tighter modified fan grip and really mashed my thumb in for grib, and then i fell in love, lol. I hit 5 out of 5 50' putts in a row, straight as an arrow and has earned a permanent place in my bag.
Mako, Star, 180
Didnt get a whole lot of play out of it but basicly to sum it up, feels and looks just like a coyote but a hair more overstable. No place for it in my bag, to much overlap between my coyote, San Marino Roc, and Wasp.

Latest posts