• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone up for a "Throw Every Day of December" challenge?

I know a guy who mostly plays ultimate, and when he was coming back from an injury, he started his #thoweveryday and I think he has done it for close to 2 years now. Mostly he finds someone to toss with for a couple minutes, but it certainly helps in the long term.

Once I started maintaining the 9 holer near me, I gave myself the goal to play one round each week (468 holes total). I have only made it to 126 so far. So I would say that I'm going to fail that goal, but at least it's consistent with most of the other items on the list. Only 5 of 58 completed in 2017.

I'm in

So what I'm wondering is, who is going to join me in the challenge? If anyone else is interested maybe we could start an official thread to motivate each other to not skip a day

The only thing that keeps me centered is throwing daily, if only for 10-15 minutes a day, every day. It helps that we have a wooded acre and a basket, but I still have to force my lame @$$ out when it is wet, cold, and windy.

My primary motivation is improving, so the folks with whom I play weekly will actually want to draw me as a partner. :eek:

Yeah. I pretty much do that already. I frolf with some trees at the park about a six minute walk from me, or field throw at the junior sized soccer field across the street.
Been a fun week field throwing with the winds we have been having. Added the Katana and Valkyrie back in yesterday after a week of throwing mostly 7 and under.

I'm in!!
Basket in the basement with a 20ft clear line to putt at............. 20-25 putts today while I worked on 2018 DisCap bag tags.

picture.php

picture.php

I enjoy the game more when I'm doing it because I genuinelywant to... rather than simply going through the motions on the way to achieving some arbitrary goal.

...but that's just me. I completely get how setting goals can motivate people and make the process more fun.

December is a tough month for this. So much going on between church, work, family obligations, etc., etc. Most days I leave the house before daylight and don't get home till after dark. I wish I had a practice basket, but then I don't have a garage or basement so not sure if that would be much help even.

Maybe I will make this a goal for January.

Two days in and I'm good lol. We shall see next weekend with possible snow in the ATL.

Hey.. I've made it every day so far.. and I think I might make it out tomorrow.

This will end soon.

It's gunna be real cold next week. And I don't get out of school until it's dark during the week. But I am sure I can throw a couple putts at my yard basket every day!

I'm in, but am already doing it. Have a Discatcher Sport in my basement and can throw up to 25 feet. I probably average at least 50 putts per day.:thmbup:

Glad to see there is some interest in this!

I realize this is far from the ideal month but there's no time like the present and I'd definitely be down to do it again in the spring or summer if people enjoy it.

I'm 3/3 so far this month. The work week will be the real test but I'm confident I'll find the time!

Did disctance drives in the field today. Hit 500 once for the first time since September so that felt good.

Think I'll work on approaches tomorrow! Time to Harp it up.

Did some short to mid range tree precision throwing in a smaller park with 7 and under discs. Lot of wind coming across where I was throwing today as well.

Hey CabMakio

Where do you live?

My extended forecast looks like 20s, 10s, wind, precipitation. I throw a lot of winter DG, but if this is a challenge, and you live in Florida, ummm....

I work in the evening :( so I have time to play during the day:). Yesterday the temps dropped 40 + degrees. Today will be a challenge with wind chilling my old bones

I have a field to practice at about a block from work I go to every day and can get in about 45 minutes before it gets too dark. I have a practice basket in the back yard with a bright LED light for night putting. Saturday and Sunday are rounds at the course with afternoon practice. The challenge for me would be to not throw a disc.:)

Latest posts