• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone up for a "Throw Every Day of December" challenge?

Hey CabMakio

Where do you live?

My extended forecast looks like 20s, 10s, wind, precipitation. I throw a lot of winter DG, but if this is a challenge, and you live in Florida, ummm....

I live in AZ so yes I am fortunate to have nice weather this time of year and understand that being winter this challenge is impossible for many.

I didn't start this challenge to taunt people dealing with snow, just had a few beers one night, realized my work/fun balance was god awful and needed improvement, then decided to ask if anyone wanted to join me.

Keep in mind, during the summers here we can't play golf because of the 115+ temperatures so if this thread were started in August I would be in the same boat of not being able to participate

I moved my practice basket from the backyard to the basement last week in prep for the colder weather, but still haven't taken any putts on it. Still need a solid 4 hours to clean out some junk down there to make it less of a chore. I hope I can make that happen before the holidays.

Missed a day yesterday. Went to do some tree work with a bag of ten 7 speed and unders. Found a new spot to throw from where the tree in particular I was aiming for must be in the upper 300 to low 400 foot range. Or right about at my maximum throwing range.
The discs that continue to surprise me are my 161 gstar wedge, and the 167 s line gremlin.

Unfortunately for me, the choice is often lunch or dg, it gets dark so damn early these days. I don't usually eat breakfast either, so that usually tilts in favor of food.

I suppose goldbricking is another option....

all weather family game

golf the all weather family game

Attachments

• snow disc golf 3.jpg
    snow disc golf 3.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 17
  • snow disc golf.jpg
    snow disc golf.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 16
  • snow disc gol 4.jpg
    snow disc gol 4.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 16
nice thread. I enjoy the winter and look forward to wood cutting, downhill skiing and hearty foods to mention a few.

throwing a disc is still a craving for sure.. but diversity and options add to my yearning of disc golf when the weather suits me for that pastime.

best of luck for the hardcore.

So far, so good... Played actual rounds every day except the 5th (rain) & 12th (wind), when I putted in the garage a bit. Expect to get at least 30 rounds in this month, even in the 'midwest'. Hope everyone else is enjoying the season!

Travel day to Omaha and back killed this dream for me, didn't have a spare moment unless the customers wanted to play catch... they did not.

I'm trying the opposite challenge. Go every day in December without throwing a disc. So far so good... But glow rounds are calling and the weather has been too perfect lately. Gonna have to break the streak soon.

I'm losing badly - only played 4 of the last five days, with a cold, in 20 degrees with wind. :wall:

Personal recap: played actual courses 26 days & putted the other 5.
Paid off when I shot the hot round New Years Day, then a 'perfect' round today!
Thanks!

I only missed four days of Discember. I tried to throw for at least ten minutes every day of last month and averaged six days a week: not perfect but not bad either. I'm not sure how productive that was but some of those winter rounds were great...

No insects
No crowds
No noise
No traffic
No sunburn
No poison ivy
No iron leaves
No sweat

I had some courses to myself as some days included solo rounds. Walking through the woods after a snow and being the first to make tracks is an awesome feeling. Great idea: thanks for sharing the challenge! Even though the temps were low and my scores were high, this definitely got me excited for a new season of disc golf.

Latest posts