• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Archer vs Arrow: The End of a Debate?

Paul's game needs focus and concentration.
Innova was never going to let him brand himself beside the Innova brand like Discraft is.

Paul has a goal and focus now.
I think he's doing better with Discraft because he has a greater stake in his success, which is building his own brand.

Didn't Dave Feldberg say his switch to Lat64 years ago would prove if it was the archer or the arrow. How'd that go for him?

Maybe it's neither the archer nor the arrow but the change ...! Ever thought about that?
Hence, let's swap out all our discs for some new ones and therefore improve our ratings fifteen points!

For lesser players like myself switching makes you pay better attention to the actual processes involved in throwing and helps get out of ruts you may be in.

True. Like trying a new DG putter and having a 'honeymoon' period with it. And getting over the 'yips' by using a different (golf ball golf) putter.

I still think that while overall it's the archer no matter what arrows, some arrows suit some archers better than others, and the best arrows for archers like McBeth may not be the best arrows for casual am archers.

What about the arrow?

325982_340x340__90950.1449260375.1280.1280.jpg

It's gotta be the shoes...

Mars Blackman knew the answer almost 30 years ago.

Last edited:
McBeths record for this year vs last year May prove that it's the archer or it may prove that arrow.........or maybe it proves that $1,000,000 is a great motivator

He also played other tournaments in both years than those I listed and like I said, played under his rating most of the spring and early summer in 2018. The second half of last year he was a lot better. I just chose 2018 because it had the most common events and courses. I also thought about using his big year of 2015 but I was already half asleep when I finished the first 2 sets of numbers.

On the other hand, didn't Discraft fine tune every mold he throws? :p

I felt up a PMB Zone, and it felt different to me.

So my counterpoint is that while McBeth could probably throw Franklin discs better than the rest of us can throw anything (okay, maybe Franklin discs are a stretch :p ), he is really, really clicking with a few of these Discraft discs, once they got them tweaked to 'McBeast Perfection'.

He'd have better luck with the big mac bun.

I felt up a PMB Zone, and it felt different to me.

How so? They feel identical to older esp and flx zones, and flight is basically the same too.

I doubt discraft "tweaked" the force, undertaker, buzzz, or zone - and it's silly to think they would mess with their 4 best molds anyway.

How so? They feel identical to older esp and flx zones, and flight is basically the same too.

I doubt discraft "tweaked" the force, undertaker, buzzz, or zone - and it's silly to think they would mess with their 4 best molds anyway.

I agree, at least that would verify that if that is the case, it is silly to call them first runs...

Could have just been a cooling thing, but the rim felt sloped differently.

Innova tweaked molds for the Tour Series discs but retained the traditional molds also.

Latest posts