• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Arizona Courses

discgolfkyle

Birdie Member
I have created a single thread to contain all of the news regarding Arizona courses. Here we can post about course propositions, courses in development, and existing courses. Please share all information you have about these topics. Thanks.

I would like first hand info on the Prescott courses. When it gets a bit warmer I'd love to check em out

School House Gulch (aka Groom) really is a spectacular bit of fun! I believe it's on Nat'l Park land, which means no installations whatsoever. So no teepads, baskets, etc..

Yeah, I have heard it is fun. I am more curious about the newly installed basket courses. Where the Prescott golfers?

There's one newly installed course, Watson Lake 9. There are several unlisted/private courses located at various camps around P-town that have baskets.

And an 18 hole church course, right?

Anyone have a contact number to play the "unlisted" camp courses?

Prescott today

Just played 6 courses in prescott in like 7 hours with plenty of breaks beer runs and chit chat time.

1. School of Gulch aka Groom 18 hole object/ tree painted course was awesome
2. Prescott pines 9 hole course with wood signs 12" by 12" inches wide was ok and like 1-2 minutes from Groom^^^
3. Emmanuel Pines camp 18 holes with tether nut type baskets, interesting design. Some good shots but mostly 150-250 hole lengths and has hole signs for each hole that are color coated
4. Yavapines camp 9 holes with concrete tees and Innova discatchers, very solid course that I liked the best of the 9 holers played today.
5. Stein Camp 9 holes with Innova DiscatcherS and most holes are short but vertically challenging with lots of elevations changes.
6. Watson Lake 9 hole with rubber mats, tee signs and DGA baskets. Solid and easy to follow.

1.Emmanuel Pines Campgrounds in Prescott az. Frisbee golf 928-445-1509 ask for Ike
2. Prescott pines camp 9284455225 ask for heather
3. Camp Yavapines 928-445-2162 ask for miss Amy
4. Camp Stein 9294451829 ask for David caretaker

I got pictures of all the courses and will add them to the data base this week with all the info and maps.

Hope this helps

School House Gulch is the best course in Prescott and yet it doesn't have baskets or tee-pads. Thumb Butte is comparable, as is Skyline. Of the Prescott courses that do have baskets and tee-pads I'd have to concur with Lion... Yavapines is the best, Watson second.

Seconded. Thanks for posting that info, Lion! :thmbup:
Sounds like you and your group had a good time. Catch any rain?

Eight courses in Prescott at last count. 5 object courses and 3 with baskets. PM me if anyone needs/wants guiding.

http://www.facebook.com/events/441763099227712/

New course at Fiesta Lakes golf course, Mesa AZ. Many of you played in the 2012 Fiesta Lakes Open and have therefore seen the potential for a great permanent course at that location.

The time to install that course has finally arrived, but it's going to require your help. We have set up an agreement that allows for individuals to purchase a basket for the course in exchange for a lifetime pass for the purchaser and one guest to play disc golf there. The baskets will cost $350. To reserve your basket now will require a $50 deposit. Contact Rob Hart

Of all the things I have to give, money unfortunately is in the shortest supply. Good luck in your efforts.