• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Arizona Courses

Heading to Tucson in mid March. What courses should I play in the area?

Marana, hands down. They are holding a tournament there one weekend in March, so you may want to check on that, as the course will be closed to the public that weekend.

Ok, I add all the pictures to Camp Yavapines. Very solid 9 hole course thats fun to play.

As far as Tucson I played every listed course in Tuscon in one day, plus marana, all yuma courses and AV Anderson.

So none take a long time, but the best one was Marana Rock for sure. Just 15 minutes from Tuscon. I did like Groves Park in Tuscon which is setup as 18 holes, but listed as 9. Weird. Groves has shade, challenge, and unique looks. I thought it was fun.

Ok, I add all the pictures to Camp Yavapines. Very solid 9 hole course thats fun to play.

As far as Tucson I played every listed course in Tuscon in one day, plus marana, all yuma courses and AV Anderson.

So none take a long time, but the best one was Marana Rock for sure. Just 15 minutes from Tuscon. I did like Groves Park in Tuscon which is setup as 18 holes, but listed as 9. Weird. Groves has shade, challenge, and unique looks. I thought it was fun.
Marana IS the best in the TUCSON area. Most people don't like Groves, but I always enjoyed it as well. A fun llittle walk in the park, plus I hit my second ever Ace there. It's listed as 9 because it only has 9 baskets, but you can play it backwards for 18. Have you ever played the "B" tees? While some of them are hard to find, they certainly up the "difficulty" factor.

Yes I played the B tees there, I believe there listed on the map.

I ended up playing Vista today. It was so much fun to play a grass course for the first time. The lake made it very interesting because I threw a Roc in the water and went in after it.

Just played Conocido this morning with some friends. I really experienced how less stable ones' disc becomes at lower elevations. What do people in the know do? Step up to a disc with +1 more fade? +2? The courses I play locally are at around 5500' above sea level. Phoenix is... I don't know. Lower. A lot lower. Any hypothenuses?

Watson Lake Pictures are up.

I saw on facebook Fiesta Lakes is collecting basket money. Thats moving fast.

Doubles round at Buffalo Ridge this Sunday to raise money for teepads. 11am, $10 buy in.
As of right now prep & pour is scheduled for 2-22 and 2-23 (Fri., Sat.)bag tags are also available for $10.

WOO HOO new pads!!!!

Sweet! I hope I can make it. What do the bag tags look like?

Just standard dog-tag style. The biggest consideration was price...they were donated by a Ridge Crew member who does metalworking! Each one sold is $10 closer to new tee pads!!!!

I'm interested in making some bag tags.... and metal in general. What kind of metal work does your friend do? What, if any advice does he have on the subject of bag tag making? I'd love to see some of the more creative bag tags out there.

It's 17 degrees at my house(downtown Prescott) with a couple inches of snow, maybe more. I have to work today anyway. Inside at least.

Im taking a 3 night company paid trip to Scottsdale from April 15th-18th and I would like to play at least one rd while i am there. We are staying at the Hyatt Regency Gainey Ranch. is there anything close to there that is a must play? I know that Fountain Hills isnt too far. anything else? I might have time on the 15th when I land, around 130. i wont have a car, but could take a taxi. anyone wanting to show me around? Also, what will the weather be like? I really would like to add a few courses to my list.