• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Arizona Courses

HClub members – present and past,

The Marana Rock PERIMETER LAYOUT is now OPEN!! The Marana Club installed new sleeves along the south and west side berms and moved baskets from the basin this evening. It is an 18 hole layout that will be playable throughout the monsoon season! I've attached a copy of the map. It is also available on FB, maranadiscgolf.com, the AZDGC Yahoo site, or by contacting one of the Marana Club members. The tee areas and flagged but take a map with you for distances AND important MANDO and OB information! Enjoy!!

Michael Anderson

E9D60408-179B-49DE-A65E-BEDD0C73D98E-5405-00000474D2FAD1E8.jpg

717BE59D-4AD4-414A-B80E-FADCF58DB9DC-5405-00000474D953DBFD.jpg

8B1B64A8-CAAB-4A8E-A05C-E735C82D017C-5405-00000474DF1FDB74.jpg

Best way to get the map is visit the websites listed above. Tees at are marked by flags and painted line. 18 playable holes.

Also keep in mind that we had very limited access to the land due to city rules. This course plays to the same baskets multiple times, but offers very diff shots. Bottom line is we have 18 playable holes that will not be affected by the monsoon. We usually have to wait months before the original layout is playable so this is a major improvement.

Enjoy and let us know what u think. Make sure to print/take a map!

Given the land available, the monsoon layout is great. Good flow, and generally easy to follow. The only negative thing I could say is that there is a complete lack of any shade, but there's really nothing on that ridge to provide any. Easy solution, dawn or dusk rounds. Although glow would be a good idea with this layout too come to think of it.

Given the land available, the monsoon layout is great. Good flow, and generally easy to follow. The only negative thing I could say is that there is a complete lack of any shade, but there's really nothing on that ridge to provide any. Easy solution, dawn or dusk rounds. Although glow would be a good idea with this layout too come to think of it.

Be careful on ur glow rounds, lots of wildlife out there (rattlesnakes).

While playing a round with some locals at School House, they mentioned the local club and the city have been talking about a course at Goldwater Lake. From what I'm told Watson Lake has drawn good numbers and lots of positive conversation making a course at Goldwater a real possibilty for 2014.

I also wanted to say I think it's flippin' awesome what they've done in Marana for the 'monsoon layout'. I've not had a chance to play it, but that really shows some dedication and desire from the club and its members to keep disc golf alive at The Rock even when the weather is trying to shut 'em down.

Big respect!

Any word on the red mountain courses? Are there tee signs? Have the stolen/vandalized baskets been replaced? I was thinking about making a trip up saturday morning. Any help would be great.

Any word on the red mountain courses? Are there tee signs? Have the stolen/vandalized baskets been replaced? I was thinking about making a trip up saturday morning. Any help would be great.
Make sure and visit Buffalo Ridge.
27 holes of Desert Disc Awesomeness!! (Not to mention actual mountains, not just in name!!! Red Mountain is a cool course though!)

The Red Mountain Facebook page says (as of Sep. 7) the course had been cleaned up and the baskets should be ready in a "week or so".

Last edited:
Make sure and visit Buffalo Ridge.
27 holes of Desert Disc Awesomeness!! (Not to mention actual mountains, not just in name!!! Red Mountain is a cool course though!)

The Red Mountain Facebook page says (as of Sep. 7) the course had been cleaned up and the baskets should be ready in a "week or so".

Played buffalo before, and while it is a fun course, im looking for something longer and more challenging and i heard one of the red mountain courses had some D to it. I didnt make it this weekend but im gonna try for next. Anybody that plans on playing next weekend let me know. Im in!

red mt. is neither longer considering the long holes are par 4's or more challenging due to the lack of elevation vs. buffalo ridge. i've played both the south and north course both once last spring when it opened and shot -3 on the long north course & -5 on the south course where as i've played buffalo 45 times with an average round of 53 when it was an 18 hole & 78 as a 27er. your not going to be more challenged at red mt.

red mt. is neither longer considering the long holes are par 4's or more challenging due to the lack of elevation vs. buffalo ridge. i've played both the south and north course both once last spring when it opened and shot -3 on the long north course & -5 on the south course where as i've played buffalo 45 times with an average round of 53 when it was an 18 hole & 78 as a 27er. your not going to be more challenged at red mt.

Im talking distance wise. I shred buffalo every time i play it, played the 27 holer twice and shot double digit under both times, play the 18 hole and the best i shot was 8 down in a practice round and 6 down in a tourney(my first 1000 rated round). Just looking for more bogey risks and longer holes. I play everything as par 3

Red Mtn North is going to give you a greater challenge if you're looking for distance. Also, there are more trees/bushes to get in your way to seriously affect your next shot. I don't feel like Buffalo has this working for it, aside from the new 9 which has some large/r trees to cause you grief. Overall, I'd say RMN is slightly more difficult than BR.

Also, one thing to consider about the RMN long holes is that a couple of them have alternate placements which can make them significantly shorter.

Last edited:
Played Red Mountain North last weekend. I really enjoyed the course. The last 6 holes were extremely cool. Unfortunately navigation is still a problem, but it's light years better than the navigation on the South Course.
Any word on signs being installed out there?

How impossible are those courses to follow? I see that there are course maps on the site, will I be able to follow the layouts ok using those?

I haven't played the south course so I can't comment on that, but you should be fine using thd map on the north

I played the south course shortly after it opened, it was ok with a map... Once we found the first tee and got started. The flow isn't hugely obvious, but we could figure it out. I haven't heard that it changed much.

Latest posts