• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Arizona Courses

Come out Saturday morning to Marana Disc Golf Club leagues at Marana Rock! Best course in the area BY FAR. I unfortunately won't be out this week but if you're interested in playing early Friday morning I'll most likely be out. Also possibly Monday evening. Cheers.

My grandma lives close to that park. Bringing the whole bag this year. Last year it was Santa Cruz with a roc and a putter. I plan on playing Marana almost everyday in order the practice for this years Beaver State Fling. What time Friday?

Watch out for rattlers. I was down there a few weeks ago and spotted several.

Got a chance to play Sweetwater a few or five times over the weekend. Besides the lack of tee pads I really like this course. There's a good combination of holes that finish left and/or right, lawn/ball golf type holes, natural desert style holes, elevation changes, blind shots(speaking of which I found a couple discs off of #8), holes of good length as well as ace runners. There's alternates, and another 9(marked by orange spray paint/the front nine is indicated with white). Very fun course with no real detractions, other than the before mentioned lack of tees... which I would like to believe are in the works. Worth checking out for sure. Between Thunderbird and Cactus right off I-17 on Sweetwater. I'd heard this course being called to a medley of Thunderbird/Paseo, Buffalo Ridge and Conocido, and I'd have to agree for the most part. The likening to Buffalo is a bit of a reach in my opinion.

Between Thunderbird and Cactus right off I-17 on Sweetwater. I'd heard this course being called to a medley of Thunderbird/Paseo, Buffalo Ridge and Conocido, and I'd have to agree for the most part. The likening to Buffalo is a bit of a reach in my opinion.

Sweet, another course near enough to my folks' house for a quick round.

Sweet, another course near enough to my folks' house for a quick round.

Sweet serendipity! Here's to advantageously located kinfolk. Mine live at 43rd Ave and Greenway, within mere minutes of the now four North Phoenix courses, which is nice considering you have to arrive to play before 7:00 a.m. lest ye be fried like an ant with a magnifying glass this time o' year.

Sweet serendipity! Here's to advantageously located kinfolk. Mine live at 43rd Ave and Greenway, within mere minutes of the now four North Phoenix courses, which is nice considering you have to arrive to play before 7:00 a.m. lest ye be fried like an ant with a magnifying glass this time o' year.

Not an ant WITH a magnifying glass, but one being burnt by it. You know what I mean.... It's friggin' hot out there.

So, Sweetwater has baskets? And I'm assuming it's at the park where Sweetwater Rd. leads to the parking lot for the park...?

I want to check it out!

So, Sweetwater has baskets? And I'm assuming it's at the park where Sweetwater Rd. leads to the parking lot for the park...?

I want to check it out!

Baskets yes. Teepads, no... and you are correct as to the locale. Definitely worth checking out. Orange flags designate the tee pads and white paint leads the way.

I see there is a new course in Tucson, Sears Park. Has anyone here played it?
Thoughts?

Sears park is a pitch and putt... Bring a midrange and a putter and you're all set. I don't think anything is longer than 250 feet or so...

Prescott is having it's second tournament next Sunday the 27th of July at Watson Lake. It's going to be videoed I believe and it'd be awesome to get some DGCR members together for a little competition. And by little I mean LITTLE. The first tourney drew maybe 30 players. So all of you with 'skills' commence the chomping of your respective bits. Type: "Mile High Championships" Disc Golf Tournament | Prescott AZ into Youtube's search engine for info. Sorry, I don't link well.

IM headed up to flagstaff on Sunday 7/20. Ill be there until Wednesday. Anyone wanna throw a round? Send me a PM. I have an Apt up there, so I am up there a lot now a days.

Anyone hit up the red mountain courses lately? All basket/pads/navigation issues fixed? Thx for any help