• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Army surplus straps

would these work on a Fade Tourney bag?

yah they would work. i also have a fade tourney. i grabbed the straps today. 10 bucks, had tan and black. went with the black. but they seem to be durable and some decent on comfort. but i cant really compare it to innova or phenix straps. but im very happy with the purchase.

btw you need to het H suspenders not Y. the Y ones dont work, b/c they dont fit right

The Y straps do work great for the Chimp. But its a medium sized bag and I can see them not fitting a longer bag as well if at all.

I was trying to find a cheap alternative and looked everywhere. Ball golf stores, at lest the one's here don't carry replacement straps. I ended up buying the stuff to make some simple straps, it was 8.76 so those military ones are a real steal, seeing as I still have to sow mine together tonight.

I just got these straps for my Fade Tourney bag and they are pretty comfortable. Padded and good fit. I haven't used any of the other quads (innova or phenix) but I bet you could put the durability of these up against any straps (very good build quality).

Those "H" and "Y" straps are used on what is referred to as "web gear." It's the combat suspenders you see soldiers wearing that attach to a web belt that you clip holsters, ammo pouches, first aid kids, canteen, etc. to. The straps attach to the belt and suspend the heavy web belt. They're made for bearing pretty heavy loads, so a disc bag won't be too ahrd on them. They're milspec anyway, which means they're built to endure harsh conditions.

But why? If these army straps work fine, why pay $40. Is there something I'm missing?

Phenix does sponser tournaments. Unlike an Army Surplus store.

Something everyone should think about when buying disc golf gear. Does the seller give back to the disc golf community or do they pocket all profits? There are too many ebay stores that have a great price, but wont even sponser a small local event. I prefer to support a store that will give back. Just my 2 cents.

Something everyone should think about when buying disc golf gear. Does the seller give back to the disc golf community or do they pocket all profits? There are too many ebay stores that have a great price, but wont even sponser a small local event. I prefer to support a store that will give back. Just my 2 cents.

On general principal I agree with you, but I doubt Phenix gives back $30 of their $40 purchase price for their quad-shocks. You could buy the army straps and just donate the rest to your local disc golf club.

I have the military surplus straps and they're as good if not better than quad shocks and less than half the price. VERY VERY durable and they have a lot of padding. Well made, obviously, and they look badass with my fade tourney camo bag.

I think that supporting the army surplus and our millitary might be a good way of saying thank you that we live in a country where we enjoy the freedom to throw a disc around the course. :)

On general principal I agree with you, but I doubt Phenix gives back $30 of their $40 purchase price for their quad-shocks. You could buy the army straps and just donate the rest to your local disc golf club.

Quote for the win. You could also with that $30 buy two premium discs or three base line discs, which obviously supports disc golf, too.

I won't buy quad shocks on principle. They are straps for your bag, there should be no reason they are that expensive. Yes, I'm sure people love them and I wouldn't mind owning them, but 40 bucks just seems a little much.

I am waiting to see if I get the military straps for my B-day/ Christmas, if I don't I'm going to pick up some myself.

I got my LC-1 H-type load bearing suspenders (the army straps) for my birthday. They fit on my crunch box perfectly. They seem pretty rugged. If you are either strapped (haha punny) for cash or just won't buy $40 straps out of principle, these straps are a good alternative.

Here are my new straps freshly attached:
fknzfp.jpg

I got them for my birthday from my girlfriend's mom. They sell them at army/navy stores, online military outfitters, and on eBay. The prices range from 8-13 bucks.

I got my LC-1 H-type load bearing suspenders (the army straps) for my birthday. They fit on my crunch box perfectly. They seem pretty rugged. If you are either strapped (haha punny) for cash or just won't buy $40 straps out of principle, these straps are a good alternative.

Here are my new straps freshly attached:
fknzfp.jpg

Was there a reason you preferred the H-type over the Y-type, or will the Y-type work just as well? I really like that set-up!

Latest posts