• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] As the Cro flies

curveball4

* Ace Member *
Threw one of these for the first time this weekend & it seemed like a solid thrower. Joe's gives it the same numbers as a Hornet but it didn't seem near as stable. It was super straight with a nice little fade at the end, more like a new, heavy Z Buzzz than a Hornet. Does anybody throw these?? I guess with the Roc & Buzzz hype these probably get lost in the shuffle

I throw one...escpecially into wind or if theres a swirly wind....the small diameter ensures a glideless stone like flight which is ideal for wind....a very straight disc...I think if it had a wider diameter it would be a buzzz

i used to throw them. definitely a dependable disc. if you throw it right it should go straight and then just dump off to the left. i used to throw spiders but didnt like the bead so the cro was the obvious answer.

then i switched to buzzz's and rocs and never looked back. i still have some first runs that are pretty sweet but just no room in the bag for them

i friggin love my dx cros. i use em as putters, off the tee, mids, rollers.....perfecto!!!

1st run Cro

I,m currently using a 1st run Cro that's a real pretty marbled gray. It's mainly used as a windy approach disc. I love the way it feels in the hand. Can anybody comment on how the 1st runs and the current runs compare?

When I threw Innova molds, a Star Cro was never out of my bag. Small diameter, good glide, good fade, good high speed stability. What's not to love? It's nothing like a Hornet though.

The Champ Cro's have a good bit more fade at the end than the star and DX Cro's. I LOVE my champ Cro's for just the reason someone mentioned earlier, glide ... or the lack there of. you can dial this disc in and know exactly where it's going to finish distance wise. Wind isn't going to pick it up as easily as it will a buzzz or Roc and rarely knocks it down unless it's a heafty wind.

Threw it for a bit. Nice straight flier with decent fade. Reminded me of a small diameter Buzzz, but I'd say it's no were near the stability of the Hornet.

I use a champ cro for forehand rollers thats about it not a huge fan because of its small size but it does roll nice

I have 1 in Star I aced number 18 at Dorey Park. I find it very reliable out to 200 to 225 feet. Like it a lot better than the Buzz.