• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Ask Gateway!

why do we not have this, the vibram thread, the MVP thread etc. stickied like over at DGR? I think it could really help us concentrate discussion and maybe cut down on some useless threads

Are there any stores in SE Michigan that stock Gateway that you could point me to? I'm diggin the 5/$40 deal but with all the different softness/firmness options I'm going to need to grope some plastic before making any decisions.

Hey Dave, have you produced any hpp voodoo's in black or purple? Let me know if you ever do preferably in 171-173. No stamp would be a plus also.
Thanks, Mark

No Gateway discs available around me so I have never experienced in person. What 5 should I get with the 5/$40 deal? I throw FH for drives and long approaches and BH for everything else.

Maan

I throw Fh and would say, Organic Wizard, E Scout @180, E Warrior, E Blaze, E Apache, Slayer@ 175. And then when you realize you just need 4 more for the 10 for $70, get two more wizards a saber and a illussion and you will be set.

throw them you only live once!!!

We decided that organic should be all green and try not to run any other putters in green. is it the red or the firmness???

with anough requests or demands we will run anything,, if you wanna come down and work all weekend one weekend I'll let you or anyone else mix and blend and make kick ass stuff until you black out,,, is this something you would be interested in???

whats that worth to a frisbee freak???
:)
It's both the grip and firmness of the reds. If my Medium isn't seasoned by the time my current putter dies, I'll wind up breaking out the red as an intermediary. I have one of the firm, dark greens (and a couple floppy light green protos too), and it's damn good. It's just a little slick.

That sucks about the glow. It would be nice to have the nuclear reactors of the past, but I understand why you had to cut back.

As for the offer to come work, I would definitely make a trip to MO to come work for a weekend. I have heard that you have done that in the past. I'm glad to hear it's not just a rumor. As soon as I can free up some time (and I will free up time), I'll send you a PM to set something up.

Last edited:
What is the max weight that Magic putters come in? I ordered one online that said it was 175g but when I got it in the mail today it is inked 168g. My other older SSMagic is also marked 168g. That sux.

What is the max weight that Magic putters come in? I ordered one online that said it was 175g but when I got it in the mail today it is inked 168g. My other older SSMagic is also marked 168g. That sux.

They definitely go as high as 175 if not higher. I have one marked 175 that shows up 178 on my scale. I also saw some "proto" magics that were over weight up to 250g.

In 2009,I believe,you made some glow wizards for our club(Ace Eagle DG Club). It was for when the Doobie Brothers played at the ampitheatre next door to our course. Doobie Doubles stamped. They came out VERY hard. While some were a bit annoyed with this,it helped me as I was able to buy everyones that didn't want to keep the disc,unless they wanted it as a wall hanger. I already used Wizards before this but since have only used this run. Love the firmness. Great disc! Thats all.

This thread has become an avalanche of questions LOL. I like my Super Stupid Stiff Wizard. It's even stiffer than the KC Pro Aviar I have.

People who throw Gateway think it is the weirdest thing they have ever seen. I like it.

Yeah, this thread needs to be stickied. There are a lot of questions that will probably keep coming up.

My basket order arrived today and have to say I'm pleased about the selection of Wizards received, especially the Glow In The Dark and the green Organics. Have good feeling about these 3. The colors on the Voodoos are looking good too, love the Soft purple and Med Green.

The baskets appear to be quality and come together quite well. Hopefully, the Bullseye will help improve my atrocious putting.

I do have questions about the markings on the protos. One is E proto, the other is E proto +C. Are these the Slayers and what is the difference if any?

where can i find the specs for your titan pro portable basket? The basket portion appears alot shorter than a regulation basket in pictues i have seen but there all taken from off angles so its hard to tell. tnx

My basket order arrived today and have to say I'm pleased about the selection of Wizards received, especially the Glow In The Dark and the green Organics. Have good feeling about these 3. The colors on the Voodoos are looking good too, love the Soft purple and Med Green.

The baskets appear to be quality and come together quite well. Hopefully, the Bullseye will help improve my atrocious putting.

I do have questions about the markings on the protos. One is E proto, the other is E proto +C. Are these the Slayers and what is the difference if any?
Could we see some pics of your baskets? Did you get multiple bullseyes or one of each?