• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Ask Gateway!

"Could we see some pics of your baskets? Did you get multiple bullseyes or one of each?"

I will post pics tomorrow from my camera, my BleakBerry phone would not do them justice. Got one of each.

I do believe our friendly local Gateway rep has left the building. May have to go to site for answers.

Did a 5 for $40 with Gateway. 3 150 class E Apaches, 1 E Scout 178, and 1 Medium E Warlock 175.

Got all of those and an extra E Apache 159 and an extra SSS Warlock 172.

7 for $40. You may not care for my disc selection, but 7 for $40 is pretty awesome. Who else does that?

a while back on the their facebook page you got a towel and a stash mini with the 5 for 40 deal. is that still the case or does it just include the discs now?

Did a 5 for $40 with Gateway. 3 150 class E Apaches, 1 E Scout 178, and 1 Medium E Warlock 175.

Got all of those and an extra E Apache 159 and an extra SSS Warlock 172.

7 for $40. You may not care for my disc selection, but 7 for $40 is pretty awesome. Who else does that?

I agree, if you are looking for a deal you really cant beat talking to gateway directly. They got the hook up.

a while back on the their facebook page you got a towel and a stash mini with the 5 for 40 deal. is that still the case or does it just include the discs now?

Did not get the towel and stash mini. I got 7 discs for $40, instead of 5. I have my own towels and minis so I'm good. Also got 2 stickers and some charts.

I don't know their hours, you would have to call them.

Is the Slayer a legal PDGA disc?

I have 160 prototype Slayer, and it out distances my pro Boss, 156, with a more solid flight pattern. This was after about 5 consecutive throw offs.

What is the flight characteristics of the scout? It's not on the current Gateway list of discs/posters. How does it differ from a Element?

GDS has pretty regular hours. See www.gdstour.com for hours.

The Scout is a straight flyer with a slight fade at the end. I had an Element, and for me, the Scout is more comfortable and more predictable. They make them in higher weights it seems. The two I have are 178 g. One thing I like is it doesn't roll off very far when you approach the basket. Just my opinion.

Bumping for answers to these great questions!

I notice varying levels of consistency between manufacturers and their products, some are more consistent than others. I want to avoid starting a pissing match between posters who favor one or another, but I wanted to hear a bit about how difficult it can be to make consistent moldings and blends. Does combining materials create more difficulties in maintaining consistency? Does it all feel like a big science project at times? How much leeway is permitted around materials under PDGA equipment guidelines? For what it is worth, I have already read your putter-flexibility article.

You have made quite a name as a manufacturer of putters, many people I know locally and certainly on here favor your putters over some of the bigger name manufacturers (with bigger budgets). How do you reconcile that with your apparent lesser degree of success in other lines (mids/drivers)? Please don't take this as a criticism, it is meant as a compliment about the putters. Do your long term strategies include expanding the other lines and competing harder, or perhaps a greater focus on putting, or just letting the market decide?

So on that 5 for $40 deal, is it any plastic? I was thinking of getting some more wizards, but wanted to try out one in the evo hpp plastic. If anyone who has gotten this deal has info on plastic selection, please let me know.