• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ask Me Anything

Is 0.99999999 (repeating) equal to 1?
Even if you stretch 0.999 (vinculum over the 9s) next to 1 out to infinity they will never meet.

Oh wait. Cydisc is supposed to answer.

Last edited:
Let's take an example. Does (A / B) * B = A ? . of course is does. We all know that:

4 / 2 = 2
2 * 2 = 4

we all learned that a long time ago.

soo .. lets make A=1 and B=3
so 1 / 3 = .3333...

and .3333... * 3 = .9999... oh wait ... hrmmm

it's a thought experiment, naturally, but in practical applications, such as computer science. .999... must equal 1 or everything goes haywire ..

Try that last set with the calculator on your computer ..

real numbers ≠ irrational numbers

Yes but irrational numbers are real. Unless they're both irrational and imaginary, like the square root of negative one-third.

Y'all know there's a thread in the Landfill for stupid questions, right?

Yes but irrational numbers are real. Unless they're both irrational and imaginary, like the square root of negative one-third.

Y'all know there's a thread in the Landfill for stupid questions, right?
Right. I misspoke. I didn't mean real number.

1) Why do Stores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front. :gross:

2) Why do We leave cars worth thousands of $$$$$$ in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.

Last edited:
Do you have any tips on dog training for Midnightbiker?

Well? Do ya?

Did you know...a baby blue whale is the fastest growing animal on earth? It gains 9 pounds per HOUR!. A one year old blue whale weighs 50,000 pounds.

Big deal. I do that when I go to the Chinese Buffet. :sick:

WhichCameFirst_Fullpic_1.gif

hahahaha yesssss. Awesome.