• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

AT&T stadium + disc golf=?

Tfire25

Double Eagle Member
At the dd am championships this weekend it was announced that we needed to save the date July 12. Dd said that the home of the cowboys was going to allow a bunch of us hooligans into the palace in arlington!

Anybody ever played in a stadium? I tried to pry for more info but they hadn't had anything formal set yet. Is there anyway that Jerry jones let's us throw anywhere near that big screen or am I just getting my hopes up?

It would be so epic to launch one off the upper deck down to the end zone!!

I wonder if everyone will have a mediocre performance there. But in seriousness that sounds pretty awesome.

2012 Worlds in Rochester NY.... Players party was at a minor league baseball stadium. Some of the top players got to crush drives from home plate. A couple guys cleared the fence.

I may or may not have had dreams about throwing from the upper deck of Sanford stadium and from the bridge into the stadium ...

A DD guy said watch for news of the biggest thing that's ever happened to disc golf. Is this the thing?

Honestly thought thread was gonna be a Brodie Smith video :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PavPX6RqnVo
..."Big Guns Nate Doss, Mike Randolph, Eric McCabe, Robbie Bratten and Jeremy Koling blast some shots over the fence at a minor league baseball game held during the 2008 Disc Golf World Championships."

At around 1:30, Koling sent one over the fence sidearm.

A DD guy said watch for news of the biggest thing that's ever happened to disc golf. Is this the thing?

Honestly thought thread was gonna be a Brodie Smith video :)

Chains The DVD is getting released?

I played in a Golf Dome once. That was the closest thing to this. It was a lot of fun. At Jerry's World, maybe it will be televised?

Quick question:
If you hold an event in a stadium that holds 100k, yet there is no one there to watch... Did it really even happen?

Wait.... Yes it does if its filmed.

So..
If you hold an event in a stadium that holds 100k, and it's filmed, then it might happen - to the extent that the video is seen.

Hmmm.. How much is it seen? Only as many click views it gets. What generates click views?

Trick shots! Plus add "real world or viral celebrities" (means add Brodie) Seems to be the only real path to viral view levels. (though 15k+ views for primo YTube tourney DG footage is nothing to sneeze at compared to a few years ago)

Or some exposition event with crossed fingers that the online DG community will click view rally it to any level of noticement.

I'd go for the trick shot angle myself if Views were my goal.

Last edited:
Re Reading the original post, and taking it at face value (since I know nothing). It does seem to me like DD has gotten a promotional arrangement to perhaps hold "an event" of some kind in the place.

I imagine if they told tourney players to save the date, that it may indeed lead to a thought that the date would be for participating rather than simply watching. Maybe their biggest trilogy challenge?

Interesting, and if done right I could see benefit to general low level exposure of DD, and the sports venue perhaps. I am trying to figure out the win for the sports venue, unless they often allow outside groups in as part of them sharing goodwill with the community. Kind of like how a youth pee wee team might get to play a game before the real game, or a city league b ball team getting to use the court a couple hours before a NBA tip off.

I'm predicting now that it will be in the parking lot. I love disc golf, but I don't think DD has the pull/cash to get inside Jerry World.

There was a tournament at Columbus Crew stadium a few years ago. I didn't get a chance to play but it sounds like they did a pretty good job of incorporating it into the layout of the course.

Re Reading the original post, and taking it at face value (since I know nothing). It does seem to me like DD has gotten a promotional arrangement to perhaps hold "an event" of some kind in the place.

I imagine if they told tourney players to save the date, that it may indeed lead to a thought that the date would be for participating rather than simply watching. Maybe their biggest trilogy challenge?

Interesting, and if done right I could see benefit to general low level exposure of DD, and the sports venue perhaps. I am trying to figure out the win for the sports venue, unless they often allow outside groups in as part of them sharing goodwill with the community. Kind of like how a youth pee wee team might get to play a game before the real game, or a city league b ball team getting to use the court a couple hours before a NBA tip off.

They do all sorts of events in there. From soccer to concerts to Father's Day tours. I am so hoping to launch some plastic off the upper deck.

I don't think they would play in the parking lot. They made it sound like the stadium. And scuffing all the plastic would be rough.

I'm an audio engineer. Last weekend I was doing a small concert after the Texas Rangers & Houston Astros exhibition games in the Alamodome in San Antonio. When everyone had left and it was just a co-worker and myself I busted out my Switch and an Eagle and fired them off around the field a few times. It was a pretty awesome feeling. A security gard stopped us on the way out, to ask how I was throwing frisbees 400ft so I showed him the discs, and he said DG was something he was going to have to check out.

everybody says I want to rip one off the upper deck on to the field. Meh, sounds boring to me. I've seen 300' down hill holes all over the place (OK yeahit could be like 500 feet), and yeah the course would definitely have to include it. But all the other possibilities are what would appeal to me. Through the concourse, up/down escalators/staircases, from one level to another (basket on club level, tee upper or on the field), through seating, in/out of store fronts, various vendors open along the way (grab a beer at any tee, hot dogs for sale at tee 5, nachos at tee 12), plenty of restrooms... So much potential beyond "chucking one off the top deck".

Maybe someone will make Sportscenter's top ten.

Latest posts