• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

AT&T stadium + disc golf=?

There was no ring of fire. As it was getting close to the end, they started rushing. Everyone that was at hole 10 was told to "Mark your disc and throw, they are shutting the lights off in 20 mins"

The main reason for all the wait times was because people were taking pictures.

And I got one of those "Rare" Verdicts

There was no ring of fire. As it was getting close to the end, they started rushing. Everyone that was at hole 10 was told to "Mark your disc and throw, they are shutting the lights off in 20 mins"

The main reason for all the wait times was because people were taking pictures.

And I got one of those "Rare" Verdicts

That's not a surprise. There's a report going around that says the average dining time at a NYC restaurant is almost 50 minutes longer today than ten years ago because of all the idiot diners staring like zombies at their phones instead of ordering in a timely manner and then taking pictures of their food and asking the wait staff to take pictures of them with their food.

@hampstead,

That is disgusting. I fear for my 9 year old daughters generation. I can't imagine the kind of hurdles they will have to overcome growing up. I know they are self inflicted but its only going to get harder for them to overcome the presence of technology and the downfalls of the "anti social" media.

I'm laughing at the hypocrisy of typing this on a social media website.

So Bill...in spite of all your hand wringing over the planning of this event you managed to have a good time anyways. Glad to see you changed your attitude. I am impressed. :thmbup:

Exactly. Despite what one person with two first names wants to try to stir up there was no attack. Not from me and I didn't take it as one from Bill. I wished him a good time twice. All those replies are still in the landfill for anyone to see.

I simply didn't see the point in saying it was going to be a bad time before it happened and I'm glad you enjoyed your evening. Sounds like your wife had a good idea and you made it work. Even showing up at 6 after it began you still got finished up and made it a good time. That's what is important.

Temporary courses should only be added to the directory if they're going to be used on a recurring basis, so they can provide people who haven't played them a chance to preview them, to go play them the next time they're made available.

At this juncture, this event may be a one time thing, and even if they do it again, the next course may be different.

That makes sense, they are talking about doing it again, but with a different layout, so this setup is essentially a one time thing. I probably needed to check into the definition of a temporary course first.

Exactly. Despite what one person with two first names wants to try to stir up there was no attack. Not from me and I didn't take it as one from Bill. I wished him a good time twice. All those replies are still in the landfill for anyone to see.

I simply didn't see the point in saying it was going to be a bad time before it happened and I'm glad you enjoyed your evening. Sounds like your wife had a good idea and you made it work. Even showing up at 6 after it began you still got finished up and made it a good time. That's what is important.

The experience (no pun) was very different for everybody. We were in line at 5:00, and we were done with everything (standing in line outside, playing the 10 holes, watching other people play, doing the self guided tour, getting lost in the bowels of the stadium, wandering around aimlessly, finding ourselves on some wierd level we probably weren't supposed to be on, and finding our way out) by 8:30. And we really spent a good while wandering around the stadium. So that was 3 1/2 hours for everything from when we got in line.

There were othere people that have said four hours for not even all ten holes. We took pictures while other cards were playing. You could take pictures by the big star entrances while the others were holing out, go take pics at the 50 when the group after you finished driving and worked thier way out of the stands. I really don't understand why it was getting held up so much, maybe people just stopped playing and took thier pics.

The experience (no pun) was very different for everybody. We were in line at 5:00, and we were done with everything (standing in line outside, playing the 10 holes, watching other people play, doing the self guided tour, getting lost in the bowels of the stadium, wandering around aimlessly, finding ourselves on some wierd level we probably weren't supposed to be on, and finding our way out) by 8:30. And we really spent a good while wandering around the stadium. So that was 3 1/2 hours for everything from when we got in line.

There were othere people that have said four hours for not even all ten holes. We took pictures while other cards were playing. You could take pictures by the big star entrances while the others were holing out, go take pics at the 50 when the group after you finished driving and worked thier way out of the stands. I really don't understand why it was getting held up so much, maybe people just stopped playing and took thier pics.

Lack of consideration for other players and caught up in the moment maybe. I've seen a lot of during the hole videos. That probably played a part. Sure you want to take pictures and video but people need to realize others are behind them waiting while they are doing so.

Seems like some got right in there and played and didn't experience the big wait times and others took their time and then had to really take their time. I thought I read 45 minutes to an hour per hole wait times then it was 9 holes in 4 hours which doesn't add up but in that setting 20 mins can seem like an hour.

If it's held again next year everyone who went can say they went to the first one and if not then you can say you went to the one and only. :hfive:

That looks like a riot!

0:57 - not sure how'd I feel about a cameraman in front of me like that lol.
2:40 - Through the goal posts?! How awesome is that!!!!

I'm so jealous...

Here's what one of those pics looked like.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1405391977694.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1405391977694.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 95

Latest posts