• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Atom

Wow, already delivered. Regular is flatter than the soft, but no side boob. Will play a short 6 hole course at lunch with them. May throw side by side with a Pure just to see the difference. This may finally be an MVP disc I can putt with.

I just got mine and I agree that the regular is definitely flatter

Just opened 2 soft 2 medium or regular or whatever. Wow.

Übergrip. Even after wetting my hand. Hard to imagine anyone having too much of a slick grip issue with these. With a medium it kinda reminds me of the Yeti pros once they lose that new shiny tackiness and get that slight chalky powdery feel. Yeah, I'd say this medium electron is like that, a bit grippier even and not quite that stiff.

With the soft, I'd almost use the word "loose" instead? Like, exact same feel to the plastic, just not quite as taut in the flight plate. It's weird because like Aim said, because the OMs are about the same stiffness, if you "fan" with them, both seem to bend or waggle less than a soft P anode. But with a thumb sink-test, I think I'd put soft P between the two.

Can't wait to putt with these now.

Got my package today (thanks Marshall Street!) and got some putts in. As expected presentation is second to none. Beautiful disc. It is truly "premium" baseline plastic. Only Gateway has anything close. For me it has perfect grip. I like just enough tackiness to get some spin. I don't like my putters too soft and grippy or too hard and slick. The Electron formula is perfect. I don't feel a huge difference between regular and soft. That might change on the course in the cold though. They fly very true with a soft fade. The glide well without being glidey if that makes sense. The low profile and no bead makes for a super clean release. They will be good for any putting style but really excel if you like to fire right at the center chains. I didn't get many putts outside the circle so I'll update my review later. First impressions are very good. Not sure if it will knock the Anode out for me but baseline MVP is what I've been waiting for.

Last edited:
Got 3 in the mail today - all regular in the 173-174 gram range. Love the feel already and a quick practice round of putting showed good results. I throw almost all MVP and have used an ION for my putting putter for the past few years.

The one thing that always got to me a bit with the ION (proton) was spit outs on the chains. I noticed it and people I play with also comment on it a lot. I've tried other baseline plastics (wizard, voodoo, judge) and it cut down on the chain outs but I never meshed with any of them. I like a little glide in my putters and the others felt like they dropped like rocks 30+ feet out.

Early results are looking really good with the Atom. Feels great in the hand, seems to glide well enough and the big thing I'm loving how they catch in the chains even when you hit a little wide. Anyone else who is switching from an Ion/Anode/Envy noticing a higher catch rate on non-perfect putts?

Looking forward to giving them a run at my league tomorrow night.

yesterday I watched a perfect putted aviar slide through the chains in its frozen slick DX state while 2nd putt the person threw atom i let them borrow wide hitting last outside links and dropped in. Electron grips very well its stupid tacky almost. I didn't wipe my putters off ONCE in a entire round at BRP in melting snow. Mud was the only thing I had to get rid of.

Got my atoms this afternoon. Love the feel of the electron so far and I'm liking the soft a little better right now. I got a few putts in on the practice basket before it got dark and they were both sticking to the chains really well. I'm loving the feel in the hand and I'll give them a shot to become my main putter. They're a little more stable than I want right now so hopefully they will beat in a little.

Just chiming in to say I was very pleased by the Atom. Was chucking my blue experiment and can see the wing on the final Atom is slightly different. Seems a hair +LSS as final Atom, but I'm not complaining - the plastic is the feature. Best grip I've felt on a disc in any moisture state. Someone else just mentioned 'premium' base plastic - best description. I've biffed a few trees but the lack of any serious damage gives me the confidence to use these for any role.

Not a big difference between soft and firm for me in use or damage capacity. The idea of a drum cranked tighter or looser came to mind and was validated by others experience here. Either served the purpose for me.

Only thing I'm questioning now is what I'll do with my new Proxies. Between Atom and Envy, not much else needed.

Got a Soft coming from Community. Wish this came out a couple of months earlier for my all MVP/Axiom Winter bag but I'm sure I'll have some cold and wet weather to give it a go in. If this can kick out the SSS Magic, I'll just need MVP to make an Electron Polecat clone and my putters will be set. :thmbup:

Only thing I'm questioning now is what I'll do with my new Proxies. Between Atom and Envy, not much else needed.
My dilemma exactly. The proxy is kind of falling between the cracks for me. Don't get me wrong, it's a cool disc for dead straight shots but between my envys, atoms, and powered down theory I don't see where I would throw the proxy.

Mine arrived today (thanks to Justin at Community!). It's great to finally get a hand on these things. Definitely feel nice.

I ordered a Soft to see how I liked it. If anything I'm surprised at just how soft it really is: mega flexy flight plate. I wonder if the concentration of weight in the overmold has anything to do with it.

Going to take them out on the course tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing them in action.

So happy I waited for these and did not by a proxy. These things are amazing. Threw a few putts before work and just wow. Wide right, sucked in and dropped. This thing makes ugly putts good.

Lots of love for the Atom here. Looks like another hit for MVP. Between Electron and the new drivers on the way they finally have a legit line up. It took a while but I'm glad they took their time and put out a quality product they felt good about.

My dilemma exactly. The proxy is kind of falling between the cracks for me. Don't get me wrong, it's a cool disc for dead straight shots but between my envys, atoms, and powered down theory I don't see where I would throw the proxy.

If I was in this position, I'd save the Atom for putting, and throw the Proxy. The Atoms are going to wear quickly.

Where you might throw a beat envy. Atoms will not hold up to driving like a neutron putter and theory powers down straight but way different HSS at more power like an envy without fade.

I don't carry ANY of those putters b/c I like ions but if I bagged an envy the atom and proxy would be in the bag for sure vs a few different ions.

If I was in this position, I'd save the Atom for putting, and throw the Proxy. The Atoms are going to wear quickly.

My thrower Atom has worn in but held a nice spot for awhile, and it has more glide than the Proxy. I wanted to cut the number of molds I throw, so I decided on the Atom. Plus, they are a couple bucks cheaper than Neutron so it is a little easier to snag a new one when it gets thrashed.

Got my Atoms from Aim yesterday, and I was pleasantly surprised. The plastic isn't as good as the protos, but it's still quite good. I am happy to see that they managed to make a distinct difference between the plastics. I would still like to see a slicker, super firm blend because that's my preference.

I only had time to take some putts from 20' and in, but I'm surprised at how fast these are. Where I'm dialed in with Wizards and am hitting the lower half/middle of the pole, the Atoms were bouncing off the chain support with the same putt. Can't wait to see how they fly off the tee.

Got my Atoms from Aim yesterday...

I only had time to take some putts from 20' and in, but I'm surprised at how fast these are. Where I'm dialed in with Wizards and am hitting the lower half/middle of the pole, the Atoms were bouncing off the chain support with the same putt. Can't wait to see how they fly off the tee.

^this exactly. But I was missing the bead. I'm stoked to throw these around, but will be even more excited for the beaded version.

I'm so intrigued about throwing mine. I'm in the boat of, never had a grip issue with throwing N and especially P. Just the right amount of grip for me. I'm actually kind of wondering if this El plastic is going to actually be too grippy for throwing for me.

So does anyone think there is a benefit in bagging an atom and a proxy? I guess what I'm asking is that are they going to be too similar once the atom breaks in a bit and loses some of its LSS?