• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Atom

For those that have thrown both protos, is the Atom in between the two or just about the same as the -BLUES-

On a side boob note, anyone think the other protos will become a production model? I prefer this mold over the -Blue-Proto-Atoms (haven't thrown a production Atom yet)

For those that have thrown both protos, is the Atom in between the two or just about the same as the -BLUES-

On a side boob note, anyone think the other protos will become a production model? I prefer this mold over the -Blue-Proto-Atoms (haven't thrown a production Atom yet)

I currently bag a blue proto (atom) and a regular proto. I'm really digging putting with the regular proto, as I've been putting with Envys this summer and it has a very similar, shallow feel to it.
The shoulder on the Atom proto catches a lot for me. I had a few upshots yesterday that were so simple, but I caught on the rim and shot right. I might have to change my grip.

Same for me Laramie. Looking forward to reg production protos.

its more about driving vs putting for me too. I can putt with really any disc honestly it doesn't impact me at all but I LOVE to drive ions. Played two rounds without an Ion now and just feel lost without one.

The side boob pic, that is exactly what my proto looked like after one 180ft power tree hit. But like I said previously, after a bunch more use the boob's cup size was significantly reduced. Now it just has a bunch of mini boobs, which I don't even notice unless I look for them

Wow, already delivered. Regular is flatter than the soft, but no side boob. Will play a short 6 hole course at lunch with them. May throw side by side with a Pure just to see the difference. This may finally be an MVP disc I can putt with.

OK, it's a Pure. They fly almost exactly like an Opto with less low speed fade and like an Zero Medium with less high speed turn. Very fun disc to throw on a short course.

I may have to scuff up the flight plate a bit for putting. Then again, I was putting horribly.

OK, it's a Pure. They fly almost exactly like an Opto with less low speed fade and like an Zero Medium with less high speed turn. Very fun disc to throw on a short course.

I may have to scuff up the flight plate a bit for putting. Then again, I was putting horribly.

I've actually found the HSS of the Atom to be more reliable than the Pure, even with the Atom worn in. It's a big reason why I'm bagging it.

Anxiously waiting for the mailman for some reason. And I wasn't even big on this when it was announced.

yeah I had a super old beat to heck pure from the GRIP line days that literally was like a faster polecat. did nothing but go straight. Atom handles some mean power though from a flatter release.