• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Atomic vs Chimp vs Mojo

coolhand

Par Member
how much bigger is the atomic bag vs the chimp or the mojo?

i have a chimp and love it, but i want two bottle holders and big pockets.

the mojo felt too big. i have had the carolina and the silverback as well.

I bet the company websites have dimensions and disc holding capacity. Or a search turns up a number of well researched threads on all of them. I could do it for you. But I believe in the whole teach a man to fish thing.

i searched the threads. no comparison between the chimp and the atomic. no dimensions on hyzerbomb or voodoo websites. the mojo says 10-15 disc capacity. the chimp says either 12-14 or 14-16 capacity, can't remember. i put the same number of discs in each bag. the mojo is definitely bigger than the chimp though. both in footprint and weight.

i would assume that since the atomic bag says 16-18 that it is bigger than i would like. however, i assumed the mojo was the same size as the chimp and i was wrong. just seeing if someone has had both or seen both in person.

maybe i will just try to sew an extra bottle holder on the chimp...

thanks for the reply at any rate.

My Atomic is smaller than the Revo. I never had the other bag but the Atomic is perfect because if you carry a small amount of disc then the two side pockets can be storage. I can fit a jacket in one of the sides. Or if you wan to carry a bunch of discs you can use the two side pockets.
There was a thread with a pic of like 4 bags all together.

mojo is perfect for me.. carry 15 but you could fit more in the pockets.. and it also rides well without a full load the discs dont seem to move around or make a bunch or noise plus the inside pockets are just $$ .. i had a carolina, a dual pack, etc. and pound for pound the Mojo is the best bag i have owned.. period.

mojo is perfect for me.. carry 15 but you could fit more in the pockets.. and it also rides well without a full load the discs dont seem to move around or make a bunch or noise plus the inside pockets are just $$ .. i had a carolina, a dual pack, etc. and pound for pound the Mojo is the best bag i have owned.. period.

I've had my mojo for just under a year, love the disc storage, I carry 14 in the main compartment, a putter in the putter pocket, and 2 or 3 utility discs in the side pocket. However, my main disappointment with the bag is how it sits on my back. I've used innova backsaver straps and phenix quads on it and neither straps bring the bag up to the small of my back comfortably. I just recently modified the quad shocks to pull the bag up on my back instead of hanging down on my a$$, but it's still uncomfortable. That's why I decided to just go and purchase a backpack style bag, the Flak. I've had my fair share of traditional style bags with backpack straps, and none of them seem to fit comfortably, maybe its just my body profile 5'10" 130lbs:confused:.

^^ yeah mine seems to fit great but maybe it could come up a lil bit.. i use quads but im about your size just not as light.. 5'10"ish and 160ish

My understanding with the mojo is it doesn't feel quite right unless you get the voodoo straight jacket straps.
This is just what I have been told. I am in the same boat as the op.
I have a chimp and it fits the perfect amount of discs but I am short on space I am currently debating what bag to get myself for my birthday.

never used the mojo but i did have an atomic and a chimp and the atomic is a good bit bigger..plus it has 2 water bottle holders..

I currently have 10 discs in the main compartment of Atomic with room for at least 5 or 6 more..... probably fit at least 6 more between the other two pockets... plus two in the putter pocket. So, the atomic could at least hold 20 if you need it to. I haven't seen the other bags, so I have no comparison.

Latest posts