• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Attn Lat 64 lovers (opinion thread)

Waddly Hobbins

Eagle Member
This thread is basically so you can post your experience with Lat 64's line up of discs. What discs do you love, which let you down, what ones are rather unique to Latitude, which seem redundant/ pointless?

I finally got around to trying out my first Lat 64 disc, an Opto Striker, and I fell in love with it. I liked the Striker's stable flight and minimal fade so much I picked up another opto and world's goldline . I really would like to try out more of their line up but it seems most of the their line up would over lap with what I already carry, or I don't have enough of an arm yet to make use of them.

Lat discs I'm considering:
xXx- I may pick up one of these instead of a pred for headwinds/hyzers/skips
Vision- I already have an Avenger SS, would it be pointless in trying this one?
Goldline Striker- I wants me a silver goldline striker as soon as they get them at Gotta Go Gotta Throw...

I've thrown a Blitz and a Striker. I really liked the Blitz but my buddy liked it more and made me an offer I couldn't refuse. The Striker was cool but it was clear and was too damn hard to see.

I'm very curious about their Opto & Gold Lines. How is the the Opto in comparison to it's competitors (Champion, Z, etc. etc.) as far as grip goes? How is the Gold line as far as grip & durability go? I would like to use the more premium plastic, but I seem to have grip issues with Champion, Z & to a lesser degree Star. I'm interested to see if they can make a durable disc with some grip, like Innova Pro.

I'm very curious about their Opto & Gold Lines. How is the the Opto in comparison to it's competitors (Champion, Z, etc. etc.) as far as grip goes? How is the Gold line as far as grip & durability go? I would like to use the more premium plastic, but I seem to have grip issues with Champion, Z & to a lesser degree Star. I'm interested to see if they can make a durable disc with some grip, like Innova Pro.

Opto is ridiculous. It is grippier than Z/Champ and virtually indestructible. I've had them skip off pavement with out a mark to show for it.

I haven't thrown my Goldline yet (been busy since I got it) but it feels like DGA's Proline to me.

You may like their Grip line plastic, it is grippy like Pro, yet very durable.

Love-

Sinus AP in premiere plastic- mega stable mid/putter good for about 200' but straight as arrow
Spike in zeroline- XD like but more stable
Flat opto core (current runs have been domey and understable)- used to drive with this

Like-

Vision- My crap form started turning it over but it is the only disc I broke 300' with...definitely NOT a SS Avenger clone....note that current runs have been very stable, which may be a good thing.
Gripline Spike- My first spike, not as good as zeroline but still nice
Striker- It never made me wet but I loved thumbers with it

Meh-

Blitz- My vajayjay arm couldn't handle its manliness
Trident- Handyman with a hole in its thumb...never could find a place for it
Medius- Mega fade for a mid, like it but almost never use it

Haven't tried-

XXX
Riot
Halo
Pure

Latitude is big big into stable to mega overstable moderately fast drivers. You need a big meatball fed swedish arm for them.

I love their mids and putters but don't carry any drivers currently. I am interested in gold line core because it should be more like the one I loved.

Plastics:

Premiere= Hard, scuffs easy
Gripline= Kind of star/esp ish, makes cool pvc soundy noise when hits trees. Durable as hell, I have bounced my medius off a road with no scrapes
Zeroline= Uglys up pretty quick but usually just superficial, very very grippy...cant be described...something between pro and vibram feeling
Opto= champ with CE durability, looks slick but grips well, even wet. It does break in but not visably. I hit enough trees to destroy probably 6 DX discs with my core and it never even knicked.

I'm waitin' on GGGT to get the Gold Line in. I'm gonna start out with a Striker & see if I dig 'em. I checked around & it doesn't seem like they have the Striker in Grip Line, which sucks for me.

Only putters in grip line (and medius).

Zero line, oddly enough (also putters only) has a better grip.

I've thrown a Blitz and a Striker. I really liked the Blitz but my buddy liked it more and made me an offer I couldn't refuse. The Striker was cool but it was clear and was too damn hard to see.

One of the few draw backs to Opto Plastic is some of the colors are dull or hard to see. This is one of the reasons I'm excited about Goldline, opaque, while not as flashy is a lot easier to find.

Love:
Striker - Straight and dependable, just can't deal with a headwind so I've switched to OLF's for the same slot. Maybe the goldline will solve this problem.
Core - As mentioned earlier, the flat run is money, domeys not so much. Buzzz-like with a bit more turn and fade. Again, maybe the goldline will be a good run.
Vision - In opto this thing bombs! Between a Valk and Sidewinder for me. Have not tried one from the freak stable run.

Like:
Medius - Tagged as a midrange, this thing really has a similar shape to a Cyclone. More fairway driver than mid.
Primitus - Beefy driver with fair glide. Probably Starfire-ish
Mirus - Orc-like driver
Zero Spike - Fun disc. a little floppy for my taste, but dead straight. Couldn't justify carrying it and my rhynos

Meh:
Riot - The tilted inner rim kills it for me. If you can get a clean release it is Wraith-like.
Trident - Slow+Massively Overstable= less versatile than Fast+Massively Overstable. Has a very comfortable grip and is good for accuracy thumbers.

Haven't thrown:
XXX
Halo
Pure
Blitz
Sinus AP

If you haven't tried a Sinus yet, you need to.

It's one hell of a short driver. Flies like a putter, but will take all of the snap you give it without flipping over.

I can get it out almost 300'. Fliest dead straight with a predictable fade at the end, or can take a mean anhyzer and still come back.

I love the XXX, it's my favorite Latitude disc (I have a Riot, Striker and I recently had a Vision). It's also one of my favorite drivers in my bag, it's a tad slower than a predator but it handles wind better than most other overstables I've thrown and it is extremely predictable. I'd strongly suggest picking one up.

Spike in zeroline- XD like but more stable

i've been real curious about this guy for awhile. have you tried the zeroline and gripline for this disc? do they both have the tract zones or whatever they call them on the top? what do you think of the tract zones?

Love-
You need a big meatball fed swedish arm for them.

Its the patented "norrlandspush" they have in Skelleftea (The town Latitude 64 is based in), norrland is the northern part of sweden and the push.....well you get the idea.

Besides my Force i have switched to a Latitude only bag, depending on how their new Halo will fly the Force might also loose its place in the bag.

i've been real curious about this guy for awhile. have you tried the zeroline and gripline for this disc? do they both have the tract zones or whatever they call them on the top? what do you think of the tract zones?

Both the grip and zero has the tractionzones, the Grip-line is awesome for 300ft and in drives and it takes abuse better then the Zero-line. My main putter/aproach of choice is the Sinus, it also has the tractionzones and i like them for a little extra grip on jump puts.

The traction zones are ok, best thing is you dont have to use them but they are there...I find they work good in the rain.

About the medius maybe being a fairway...maybe thats what I need to use it for...hmmm.

I have a trident and it's as reliable as those 3 old dudes that show up in the morning at the coffee place at the same time every day.

I am liking the sounds of this halo....

What do you use the trident for? I tried to put it in as a gazelle replacement and I found I would never grab it so that didn't work. I like putting with it in high winds.

Lat64 is EASILY my favorite disc making company. My favorite discs are the older Cores, the Pure (my main putter), and the Riot(Goto Driver).
I didn't really like the Trident because it was a tad too overstable for me, but I'm absolutely head over heels for this company. The discs are indestructable and fly beautifully. :)