• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Austin, TX visit -favorite courses? Sunday doubles?

crystal haze

I'm headed to Austin and will have a Sunday to try out probably two courses and hope to head to the Disc Nation store to touch plastic (no local store in the DC area). Any suggestions on courses to play?

In looking around the ones that looked most interesting were:
Circle C Metro Park
East Metro Park

Aso there are two Disc Nation locations, do you recommend one over the other for variety of selection?

Thanks!

The one in Austin is the only real store the one in Dripping springs is just a setup at course. Those are both good courses as well as Searight and Wilco. Sin Tex Misfits DGC is having a meet up at Wilco at 9am Searight is almost across the street from DN and Circle C is not far.

If you are going to be playing Circle C you will be close to DiscNation. The other store is in twin parks or whatever its called and is not really a store. The main store is off of Slaughter Ln, as you probably already know, and is the one to check out.

As for courses worth checking out. There are several in the Austin area. Wilco, East Metro, MetCenter, Circle C, are a few of the best ones. If you goto the search courses page and put in an Austin zip code such as 78724 you should get a better list of whats close.

The main store off Slaughter Ln is where you want to go. They also have a driving range out back to test out any plastic you might be considering.

Circle C is really nice and on Slaughter Ln as well (although I have only played the first 9 holes) but is kind of rocky and might chew up your DX plastic.

I really like the MetCenter in Asutin.

As for finding a doubles...I think Circle C or Searight would be your best bet.

You may also want to consider playing rivery or even Cirlce R (If John has the courses open). Rivery is in Georgetown, but it is a fun, technical course. Circle R is one of the best courses in the US (According to DGCR top 50 courses list). Its a bit of a drive from Austin, but well worth it. You would have to contact John or somebody else who is out there first though, because they arent always open to the public.

i just played circle c the other day (it's one of my favorites) but i will have to say that east metro is well worth driving out, as its a gem to be cherished. Doesn't get as much traffic as circle c and tons of variety as far as shots are concerned.

To bad pease isn't an option anymore although it prob doesnt top the list anyway.

If at all possible try to get on at Houck's place and play both courses if you can. If you can only one the clear favorite is the meadows course.

I suspect this time of year you won't be able to get on at circle r. Of the austin course i've played your best options are circle c, east metro, bible ridge, searight - in that order.

It really depends what you're into and what your skill level is. I know a lot of people that are absolutely miserable playing ridge or east metro with me. Searight is nice because it's a lot of fun and is still interesting without having too high of a minimum skill requirement. The biggest problem is that it's usually pretty crowded (play early if you can).

I think that it is probably worth playing something like rivery or searight just to demonstrate that the only good courses in austin aren't all long and technical. Plus, if you play one or two of the shorter courses, he might be able to get 3 rounds in instead of 2.:thmbup:

Highly recommend playing circle c and is it close to discnatiom as
Other have said.

Metro park in manor is a little trip but a great course and I've heard good things about Austin ridge bible which is closer to circle
C than metro. Good luck it will be a blast.

A lot of people recommending bible ridge. Ive always just passed that one up. Mostly just because its a little further out for me but also because I didnt think much of it from the reviews. Ill have to go see for myself now.

Sorry about that...I was thinking Our Saviour Lutheran...Not Austin Bible Ridge. Still...I think Ill try out Bible Ridge

How long have you been playing? Circle C was the first course I ever played and that was a terrible idea. Way too hard. I didn't get addicted to DG until I started playing Searight. Circle C is a beautiful course but very challenging. Haven't played it since I first started, but looking forward to it since I've been really improving my game for the past few months. I usually played Searight and I think it's a beautiful course too! Not too easy or too hard, great scenery. I'm lucky enough to be able to play during weekdays and off peak times, but it does get crowded. Could be a good or bad thing depending on how you like to play and if you're too serious about it or like to have fun. Good place to meet folks.

Besides Pease, which is dead, these are the only courses I've played so I can't say anything about the others in town. On a DG tour now but will be playing the rest in Austin and surrounding areas when I get back!!!! yipeeeeee!!!

On my trip to Austin last October I played both Circle C and East Metro Park, both are very good 4 star courses. You won't be disappointed (unless you are beginner) as both provide a nice good challenge.

Thanks!

Looks like Circle C and EastMetro are the two I will go to. Looking forward to some long challenging courses. I play Seneca Creek here in Maryland and they look similar in level of skill required. Happy to have weather above 35 degrees!:)

yea just a heads up if it rains or just rained. dont bother with

met center
north town

if its light rain,you can still play metro, if its heavy, dont bother. circ c holds up to water nice

Latest posts