• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

autocrosscrx ITB

Haven't been on here in a while, fun to revisit this.

Current bag...

Putters
- (2) Classic Aviars - like to keep an identical pair. Putting duties only. Just moved the white pair in my bag after using a yellow pair the last 6 months or so.
- Zero Medium Pure - using this a lot more lately
- Opto Pure - a bit more stable than the zero medium, also a bit longer. Haven't thrown it much lately.
- Ultrium Jokeri. Straight forehand approaches, hyzer backhands.
- Star Toro. Mostly forehand.

Mids
- First Run Z Sol
- Elite X Stratus. -
- DX Roc - Straight to fade.
- 2021 Tour Series Henna Blomroos Roc3
- Champion Caiman - just added this back to my bag.

Fairways
- Star Firebird - just left my Sexton on course and probably not getting it back, put this in the bag about a week ago. Really liking it so far.
- Westside VIP Fortress
- Westside VIP Hatchet - lost the IDGC stamped one, so this is my original. Maybe a little too flippy.
- First Run Pro Line DGA Vortex
- Innova Star Hawkeye - added this spring. Love this disc.

Drivers
- Opto Air Ballista (2) - Added a new one to the bag. Old one is mostly for when I want to mess with rollers at this point, the new one is pretty stable for me.
- MVP Fission Wave - Max distance controlled drives.

I've really grown to appreciate the Sol now that I have a wooded course nearby. I've also been thinking about starting a Roc cycle just for fun, got 2 KC Pros just sitting around. Looks like you put the DX to good use!

A few more changes

Putters
- (2) Classic Aviars - like to keep an identical pair. Putting duties only. Just moved the white pair in my bag after using a yellow pair the last 6 months or so.
- Zero Medium Pure - using this a lot more lately
- Opto Pure - a bit more stable than the zero medium, also a bit longer.
- Ultrium Jokeri. Straight forehand approaches, hyzer backhands.
- Star Toro. Mostly forehand.

I've gotten a little too forehand dependent on approaches, so working my Pures in more.

Mids
- First Run Z Sol
- Elite X Stratus.
- DX Roc - Straight to fade.
- 2021 Tour Series Henna Blomroos Roc3
- Champion Caiman

Haven't thrown the Roc3 in weeks. Struggling a bit with the Caiman. I don't throw it a ton and it is often less overstable than anticipated.

Fairways
- '23 Sexton Firebird
- Star FL
- Westside VIP Hatchet - lost the IDGC stamped one, so this is my original. Maybe a little too flippy.
- Innova Star Hawkeye - added this spring. Love this disc.
- Star Roadrunner

Loving the Sexton/FL combo. Don't know how to use the Roadrunner, it is a lot more stable than expected.

Drivers
- Opto Air Ballista
- MVP Fission Wave

Pulled the new Ballista out of the bag. The old one is too touchy. Love the Wave.

I probably have 6 or so slots that I rarely use and/or don't know how to fill.

Pulled the Jokeri. It didn't really give me anything I couldn't get from another disc (Pure, Toro, Roc).
Pulled the Caiman. Finally got in a field and it basically gave me the same results as the Toro.
Pulled the FL. Replaced it with a new misprint Big Jerm Thundy. The goal was a longer, straighter Firebird. The glide makes the Thundy more forgiving when I hit a forehand with too much anny. I've tried at least half a dozen discs in this slot (Fortress, Orc, FL, Tesla, older Big Jerm) and this Thundy is the first one to do exactly what I wanted.

Added a Rollo to mess around and a DX Destroyer for water holes and for a tick more stability than the Wave.

Revisiting this...

Putters
- (2) Classic Aviars - like to keep an identical pair. Putting duties only.
- Zero Medium Pure - primary backhand approach disc, occasional drives
- Opto Pure - rarely used, I could easily ditch this slot
- Star Toro - I'm primarily a forehand approach guy and this is a workhorse

Mids
- First Run Z Sol
- Elite X Stratus
- Star Rollo - I throw this one right before I get angry
- Neutron Hex - this disc might make me bin my Rocs
- DX Roc - put the one that had been in my bag almost 2 years in the drink. Currently have 172g. Straight, less finish than the hex.

Pulled out the Henna Roc3 for the winter, when I tend to stay out of the woods (leaves and mud).

Fairways
- '23 Sexton Firebird - go to forehand disc
- Westside VIP Hatchet - really beat, longer and flippier than the Vortex
- Innova Star Hawkeye - straight to fade
- Star Roadrunner - really stable for a Roadrunner, same flight as the Hawkey but longer

Drivers
- Opto Air Ballista - uphill and tailwind shots
- MVP Fission Wave - primary driver
- DX Destroyer - a tick more stability than the Wave and water carry shots
- ESP Zeus - forehands when I need a bit more than the Sexton

Long term vision is drop some redundancy, beat a Toro to straight and add a scond one, mess with plastics with the Hex and the Wave, and explore with discs that give me more forehand shapes.

Another revisit. Bag kinda in limbo.

Putters
- (2) Classic Aviars - like to keep an identical pair. Putting duties only.
- Zero Medium Pure
- Opto Pure
- KC Pro Toro
- Star Toro

Mids
- Elite X Stratus
- First Run Z Sol
- Neutron Hex
- Henna Blomroos Roc3

Fairways
- Westside VIP Hatchet
- Innova Star Hawkeye
- '23 Sexton Firebird
- Champion Firebird

Drivers
- MVP Fission Wave
- DX Destroyer
- ESP Zeus

I've got 1 slot to fill and not really sure what I need. Also got about 5 of these that I don't throw a lot - Opto Pure, KC Pro Toro, Roc 3, DX Destroyer, Zeus

Latest posts