• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Average Drive of DGCR throwers

Let's see. On average I'm throwing for max D maybe 4 times a round, and really only hit a good line 50% of the time and hit 450ish, the other 50% I turn and burn or get nosey and hyzer stall around 350. So that averages 400. But the question is what is the average drive, so I must look at the other 14 drives. On average, 10 of them are shorter holes or placement shots that I hit a decent line, we'll say those average 250'. And the other 4 drives are poor, I miss my line to some degree, resulting in a bad kick or roll, we'll say these drives average 150'.

In conclusion my average drive is 270'

Shoot the way I'm throwing lately I'm happy with 300'. Right handed I think I could average around 300', that's backhand. RHFH around 290'. Lefty backhand(what I have been throwing for the last month or so) around 250'. I like teaching my left everything my right has learned to this point. It's enlightening.

DGCR is a place full of guys that have pin point accuracy up to 600 feet on their drives, yet have PDGA ratings of about 880-910.

Yes, disc golfers, especially those who frequent DGCR, fib even more than the average ball golfer, the average ball golfer who says he is a 12 handicap will end up shooting about +24.

But in defense of all you hard charging DGCRers, disc golf driving distance can be elusive, especially when you are playing a course where the tee signs are not accurate. I know several courses where the tee sign distance is based on using Google Earth or some other online rough mapping of the distance. For my local course, we bought the 300 foot landscape tape measure at Home Depot and walked the entire course and actually measured each hole from tee to basket.

But we are all human, I was in Lake Tahoe last fall, which is at 6,000+ feet, so requires lighter, less stable discs, and I picked up a new 168G pearly Valk at the local store (I usually throw max weight Xcals, PD2s, etc), I mean who is going to pass up a pearly Valk, and it seemed slightly plus molded, and I threw it for the first time on hole 4 at Bijou, and came extremely close to aceing the hole, and looked at the tee sign, and it said something like 530 feet, and I actually let myself believe it was true, for a few minutes at least.

It was probably closer to 430.

i can throw a zeppelin so far you won't believe me.
True, but only because you're a filthy, compulsive liar. :|
We have a guy in town that can absolutely crush a disc - easy 550+ but is probably the worst putter Ive ever seen. IDK why people think distance matters so much. it's just one tool in your belt
Distance matters b/c it gets the chicks. Oh wait, this disc golf, there are none. :(

As for me personally, let's just say that I drive far enough that I'm winded by the time I walk to where my disc lands. ;)

....but I have asthma and don't get enough exercise. :\

Just the other week, I threw a spike hyzer that apparently fell down in some power plant in NOLA. How far is that?

Distance matters b/c it gets the chicks. Oh wait, this disc golf, there are none. :(

As for me personally, let's just say that I drive far enough that I'm winded by the time I walk to where my disc lands. ;)

....but I have asthma and don't get enough exercise. :\
I would rather never drive farther than I do now, but make every putt.

About 75 feet once you take into account all the tree hits and <200 foot holes.

150 class and blizzard/Air discs sound like they would be good for that. I dont know what you throw, but maybe those will bump your average up. :)

Carrying $200+ Bag Increases D By 100 Feet, Instantly.

My friend and I actually have a running joke that whenever someone has a Grip EQ bag on the course, they're probably a noob flicking Bosses about 150 feet sidearm. I see way more noobs with nice equipment than skilled players with nice equipment.

I can throw my BH about 275ft and my FH about 425ft. I am still learning how to actually throw my BH. I've been really trying to learn the past few months.

Latest posts