• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Avery's grip tips

Baffled???

I was gonna let it slide, but Fox News? That's a low blow... You said perhaps, the best sidearm blah blah blah. I take the placement of your comma to mean that you're saying, maybe he uses the same grip, not maybe he's the best. Don't be mad at me for your poor grammar, be mad at public schools.
Regardless, semantics aside, you have something in common with a World Champ, congrats.

I am a little old and slow, but what is this Fox News angle? Sounds to me like you guys are saying that Fox uses actual English, and proper grammar and that you have trouble understanding it. Why is this a problem, and how is it different from other TV networks. Switching to CNN now.

Either you watch Fox news and agree with them, or you're behind the times. You should know that Fox news has a political Agenda and has no problem expressing it clearly through their news coverage. Hint hint, it's a Republican teabagging agenda, and it's hilarious to see the nut jobs broadcast.

Most people are opposite of those effects, generally because they have poor wrist angles to begin with. Couple that with lowering grip strength due to them not being use to this grip, and it requiring more grip strength. The poor wrist angles, with how the disc sits below the life line in the hand makes it much more prone to nose up, with little power. So it usually ends up a total bust if you're not dedicated enough to learn it.

Yeah, that's why I asked for clarification on what 'mid-line palm' is; I usually put the disc in my hand in a way that helps to promote nose down.

As you say, this grip requires you to really lock down your wrist (like going for a handshake).

Also, I always use a 3 finger grip, but this one feels insecure without the pinky.

I tried this grip today for some field practice. It felt pretty comfortable, except for with some discs. I can't be sure how much it benefited me considering I haven't measured my throws in a while, but I can say that I threw my farthest hyzer flip yet with this grip (400').

I tried the fan grip version as well and felt like I was getting clean throws that seemed to be going pretty quick out of my hand.

I have the exact same one for guitar and DG purposes as well! hah.

Yeah, I think more people should use these things. Especially in today's world, what's more important than our hands? Funny there isn't more emphasis on strengthening them.

Lithicon, I just realized that the lines on my left and right hand are very different from each other, and it has freaked me out.

in today's world, what's more important than our hands? Funny there isn't more emphasis on strengthening them.

Brains? Genitals? Internal organs? I think you could make a strong case that your hands are less important now than any other time in human history because so many of us live such a cushy lifestyle.

That being said, you need strong hands to have a strong upper body and/or be good at disc golf. It's still important if you want to be active and good at stuff.

Brains? Genitals? Internal organs? I think you could make a strong case that your hands are less important now than any other time in human history because so many of us live such a cushy lifestyle.

Please tell me you didn't just type that with your genitals. :sick:

Would it make you feel better if I was "protecting" my genitals with one hand while I typed with the other? I guess hands are still important for multi-tasking, particularly whilst on the interwebs.