• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Aviar3

FYI DX has been MSRP of 9.99 for a while. Those who say that a DX one doesn't make sense obviously aren't using their Star as a putting putter. Whoever gets a DX one first will have to report on how it putts compared to a P2/BB Aviar.

In this light, I'm rooting for a Pro Aviar3 to come out, then. I like Pro/P-Line plastic much more than DX for putting. I'm not likely to switch to the Av3 as a putter, but it would fun to have a Pro Av3 to try out...

True but it has to come in KC and JK type pro plastics in order for me to switch. KC for nice conditions, JK for wet/cold. Hence why I have a firm putter and two softs as my main putters.

So what is everyone pairing with the Aviar3? I've seen a lot of folks mention the P&A, I'd be interested to know what plastic.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

So what is everyone pairing with the Aviar3? I've seen a lot of folks mention the P&A, I'd be interested to know what plastic.

Me personally I've got two PnA as putting putters with one Star Aviar3 and one DX Aviar3 getting the drive/approach work. I am putting with the DX Aviar3 more and more. Nothing inside the circle but long jump putts or downhill putts where I need the disc to stop and drop. It's nice to have the DX in the bag for headwind putts too. I think they are in the bag for good. We'll see when the honeymoon stage is over if they're still putting in the work.

Me personally I've got two PnA as putting putters with one Star Aviar3 and one DX Aviar3 getting the drive/approach work. I am putting with the DX Aviar3 more and more. Nothing inside the circle but long jump putts or downhill putts where I need the disc to stop and drop. It's nice to have the DX in the bag for headwind putts too. I think they are in the bag for good. We'll see when the honeymoon stage is over if they're still putting in the work.

Have you ever putted/thrown the P2? I'm curious to see if this will replace it as Av3s should be easier to find.

What do you mean by "pairing"? and I ask in the sense of: pairing an understable with an overstable disc? or pairing a throwing putter with a putting putter?

For me, I don't "pair" so much as I have a full set of putters: I putt with a Classic Warden, approach with a Fluid Warden, throw a Harp for glideless throws around obstacles where a fade is necessary, throw the Aviar3 for longer approaches where a solid fade finish is wanted, a Star Stud for straight to turnover shots, and a Star Mirage for absolute anny/turnover shots.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
currently i pair the av3 with a nova ,the only 2 throwing putters i have. i will occasionally throw my beat up p2 for turnovers but i mainly use both p2's for putting only.

currently i pair the av3 with a nova ,the only 2 throwing putters i have. i will occasionally throw my beat up p2 for turnovers but i mainly use both p2's for putting only.

A little off topic, but which plastic P2 are you using for turnovers? I had a 166 D-Line I thrashed and it still had no turn.

I haven't gotten my own Aviar3 yet, but if it beat out my driving JK (and based on test throws, it may) it would be paired with either a beat Omega SS or Aviar Classic depending on the temperature outside.

I'd definitely have to have an understable complement to an Aviar3, perhaps a DX AV3 will beat into a turnover putter over time.

A little off topic, but which plastic P2 are you using for turnovers? I had a 166 D-Line I thrashed and it still had no turn.

I haven't gotten my own Aviar3 yet, but if it beat out my driving JK (and based on test throws, it may) it would be paired with either a beat Omega SS or Aviar Classic depending on the temperature outside.

I'd definitely have to have an understable complement to an Aviar3, perhaps a DX AV3 will beat into a turnover putter over time.

its an early run d line,when they first started using the psycho stamp. ive had it for years and at the time it was 175 but i havent weighed it lately so i imagine its lost some grams. its my longer/straighter p2 for putting but it will track right and hold if i drive/approach with it. i would suggest a p1 for turnovers,my p2 is pretty beat but i used the p1 at one point when i didnt have a beat up p2.

yeah, it was definitely nice to see some 150 grammers in there.
I ordered 4 yellow 175g because that was all they had loaded when I found them.
Now there's a bunch of options for colors and weights... Wade was nice enough to change my yellows to oranges. Go DGC customer service!!!

Latest posts