• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Aviar3

Anyone know if the Aviar3 was released this year or last year as a Halloween disc? I bought a black DX Halloween Aviar this weekend with a large copper pumpkin on it, and it was marked "Aviar 3" on the sticker. It's flat on top, so I assumed it was correct (btw, this is the first time I've looked at the Aviar3). BUT, I can't find anywhere online stating the Aviar3 was ever a Halloween disc. Also, this has a tooled "AVIAR" on the back. Does the Aviar3 have that, or does it actually say "AVIAR3"?

TIA.

Mine are embossed "AVIAR3."

I came here to say that I finally played a round at my local course using only the Aviar3. I love my Soft P2, but on longer approaches it doesn't have a reliable fade. That straight finish is nice for some shots, but I was looking for something that will check up and fade a little more when thrown with some power.

I took a 171g Star, 172g puddle top XT, and 175g DX Aviar3 out and drove with all 3, then approached with all 3 from my best lie. The Star had been used for a few rounds and the others were brand new, but I'd say all 3 were pretty consistent. I like how I can put some power on them, get a little flip-up or turn, but still see them flatten out and fade at the very end of the flight. Because they have less glide than my P2, I was definitely conscious of my height after a couple bad shots. If anything it was helping me improve on that aspect of my game, which is sometimes a problem for me.

Now I just need to decide which one should make the bag!

Mine are embossed "AVIAR3."

I came here to say that I finally played a round at my local course using only the Aviar3. I love my Soft P2, but on longer approaches it doesn't have a reliable fade. That straight finish is nice for some shots, but I was looking for something that will check up and fade a little more when thrown with some power.

I took a 171g Star, 172g puddle top XT, and 175g DX Aviar3 out and drove with all 3, then approached with all 3 from my best lie. The Star had been used for a few rounds and the others were brand new, but I'd say all 3 were pretty consistent. I like how I can put some power on them, get a little flip-up or turn, but still see them flatten out and fade at the very end of the flight. Because they have less glide than my P2, I was definitely conscious of my height after a couple bad shots. If anything it was helping me improve on that aspect of my game, which is sometimes a problem for me.

Now I just need to decide which one should make the bag!

In limited runs on the Innova Disc Golf Pro shop they make in the limited Section the Aviar 3 in KC Pro. Just saying if you like that plastic. And the old McPro with the Aviar 3 is the Tour series disc now.

Has anyone thrown the new XXL stamp Luster?

Is it as OS as some of the old Luster was?

Has anyone thrown the new XXL stamp Luster?

Is it as OS as some of the old Luster was?

I throw a 173g CFR Luster Aviar3. It's stable, but not OS. I'm considering trying a champ glow for a bit more stability. Either that or trying a Champ AviarX3, but it might be too OS for what I'm looking for.

Anyone know how those champ glow Aviar3s compare to Luster?

I've been loving the aviar3 for quite a while now, mostly the feel in the hand with the flat top is great.

Has anyone gotten a dx aviar3 really beat in? Enough to hyzerflip? Or do they just hold straight? I like the idea of rotating these because I love the dx plastic so much.

I was just wondering what experience others have had with beating in the dx version and how they fly

Before I lost it, I had a DX Aviar3 that was perfect after a few years of use. It seemed to hold straight longer and longer as it wore. It could be forced over onto an anhyzer, but the lack of glide would make it fall out of the sky on those shots.

Has anyone gotten a dx aviar3 really beat in? Enough to hyzerflip? Or do they just hold straight? I like the idea of rotating these because I love the dx plastic so much.

Aviar3s can be great hyzer flippers. They're my go-to for driving practice, so I have about 9 of them that I rotate. I like them off the tee, forehand and backhand for straight shots, 200' to 260'.

My current bag has 3: Beat up XT that flips to flat then turns a bit. KC Pro that flips to flat and just rides straight. And a glow champion that is nice and beefy - never flips, just holds straight with a gentle finish (reminds me of an AviarX3).

They are great cycling candidates and have all but kicked the Rocs out of my bag.

Also, if I'm ever trying to make it from outside ~80 or so (usually in doubles play), my best strategy is a forehand with my straight Pro Aviar3, just looking right at the chains. It feels just like throwing a baseball at a target, and I was pretty good at hitting another baseball infielder in the chest from 80' back in the day.

They are great cycling candidates and have all but kicked the Rocs out of my bag.

Sweet! this is exactly the kind of info I was looking for! I have a dx Aviar3 I've played a few rounds with recently that's holding straight for longer and longer, I just wasn't sure how well they beat in further. I look forward to getting a nice cycle of these going.

I love the feel of the disc out of the hand and its torque resistance. I need to pick up a few more and especially a beefy one in a premium plastic. Thanks!

Sweet! this is exactly the kind of info I was looking for! I have a dx Aviar3 I've played a few rounds with recently that's holding straight for longer and longer, I just wasn't sure how well they beat in further. I look forward to getting a nice cycle of these going.

I love the feel of the disc out of the hand and its torque resistance. I need to pick up a few more and especially a beefy one in a premium plastic. Thanks!

Are most of the DX Aviar3s flat or do they have a slight dome to them? I only have one and it is not totally flat (or concave) like the Star and Color Glow versions I have. It actually feels great in the hand, just different.

I'm working on beating in an XT AviarX3 to eventually be super straight and stable, but it's going to take a while. In the meantime, some DX Aviar3s might fit the bill.

Seems like this isn't the most popular mold, but bringing the thread back. I bag a seasoned color glow Aviar3 as a utility disc that serves as a flip-up forehand approach disc. The AviarX3 is my workhorse, but it has no flip and more fade of course. While I don't throw the Aviar3 more than a few times per round, it is an important slot in the woods and I like the mold. Another use for it that I recently discovered during a field session is short backhand approaches into a headwind. This is a shot I normally cover with my Firefly, but it's seasoned and gets manipulated by the wind. My first instinct is the AviarX3 in this situation, but for a 200' shot that needs to finish straight, I can just smooth the color glow Aviar3 out there and it goes dead straight until it hits the ground.

I had a love affair with the Aviar3 for the straight forehand, but lately I've been going with a beat Jawbreaker Zone instead. The zone is just so reliable, whereas the Aviar3s occasionally turn and burn for me. Also I've been working on Zone FH flex shots instead of Aviar3 FH turnovers - Zones are just so consistent.

I still like the Aviar3 for backhands and I will throw a glidey forehand turnover with it if the Zone FH flex isn't an option..

For the most part my experience with the Aviar3 has been a pretty neutral flyer in the champion blends (Luster, Glow, Color Glow). Less LSS than the flight numbers (3/2/0/2) might suggest with the Glow/Color Glow holding lines for a good while and easier to turn over. The glow ones are also slightly puddle top while the luster is flat.

Recently tried out a white Star one I had as a backup which is very flat and a stiffer blend than the luster even. Still a bit of flashing but it flies much closer to the flight numbers with a strong low speed fade and can handle a bit more power. I'm curious how it will beat in but expect it will straighten out a bit. Right now its nice and can handle windy conditions.

I've really only used the Aviar3 for BH throws and like it for controlling distance with the lower glide. The white Star one may stick in the bag and fill the role of slightly OS approach (tried out a R-pro Aviar for a while but it is too neutral) and driving putter for shorter holes. Similar FH duties fall to the Star Rat.

All of mine are early or prerelease runs of luster or glow and there is no turn in them. Mash on them and they fly flat with healthy fade. Force them over and they always fight back.

I had a love affair with the Aviar3 for the straight forehand, but lately I've been going with a beat Jawbreaker Zone instead. The zone is just so reliable, whereas the Aviar3s occasionally turn and burn for me. Also I've been working on Zone FH flex shots instead of Aviar3 FH turnovers - Zones are just so consistent.

I still like the Aviar3 for backhands and I will throw a glidey forehand turnover with it if the Zone FH flex isn't an option..

Don't FH turnovers and FH flexes go in opposite directions? How are these used in place of the other?

Don't FH turnovers and FH flexes go in opposite directions? How are these used in place of the other?

I'm guessing they're using it as allowing the disc to turn over and having it start going straight and finish left of the line it started on (for rhfh), versus starting it on an anhyzer and having it flex out, doesn't have to fully flex out and can still land left of the line it started on (again, rhfh).

Really fell in love with my luster champ a3 today. Mash it out straight and flat and it doesn't turn or fade until the end of the flight then a nice forward reliable fade. Threw it 4bills downhill and it didn't turn or fade and hit the ground on the line it was put on. Such a great pairing with the toro.

I grabbed Eveliina's tour series glow halo Aviar3 since finding backups for my flat top color glow is nearly impossible (the newer runs are all puddle topped). It's a bit softer than the champ glow and other halo star plastic, but I think that's just how the glow halo plastic is. I really like the feel.

Out of the box it is a bit more stable than my beat champ color glow, but definitely less stable than the newer puddle topped color glows. It probably won't make it into my bag unless I lose the old reliable one, but it's a very nice run of Aviar3 and looks cool as well.

Latest posts