• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Awesome $40 Backpack

Daubers

Birdie Member

It's a Swissgear Laptop bag i picked up at TJ MAXX for $40. Very heavy duty, tons of room, and best of all, no modifications were necessary. All I had to do was loosen the front straps the whole way and It loads up 14 discs without issue. You could easily use the front pouch for a quick putter pouch but I like to have it for anything else I am taking bc of the organization the front pocket has. Because It is a laptop bag the main compartment is padded nicely so it works awesome as a cooler, plus has a padded divider to keep the bottles from banging together.

Luckily I picked up one for my wife too so I have a spare to use. Couldn't be happier with it so If anyone sees them, you can't beat it IMO.

I love how disc golfers use every other backpack known to man, besides disc golf backpacks. And they save over 100 bucks to boot.

BTW, Daubers, you get a chance to toss them MVP's?

I love how disc golfers use every other backpack known to man, besides disc golf backpacks. And they save over 100 bucks to boot.

no :( been storming bad all nite, like sideways rain bad. soon as there a break in the storm tomorrow I'm leaving work to throw. I can say I am very impressed with the quality and the feel. will be getting some extensive field work in with them . can't wait

What is the "model" of that bag you have there? I am looking for a backpack bag and this seems like it will fit my needs.

This is what Ijust don't understand about disc golf backpack bags. There is just no reason for their prices.

What is the "model" of that bag you have there? I am looking for a backpack bag and this seems like it will fit my needs.

Found it :D It is a SHERPA. I have used my as a disc bag since december, out in all the snow, slush, ice and mud and it still is like new. I also have used it as my carryon bag for probably 20 flights all over the country. Works great for everything. I saw online they have them at a lot of stores still. Not quite as cheap as TJ MAXX ( but still easily worth it ) Amazon has it for $60 shipped. http://www.amazon.com/SwissGear-SHERPA-Notebook-Computer-Backpack/dp/B002KXRS9Q

I own one of those that I bought 7 years ago for my lap top. I never thought of trying it. My only gripe about my bag is the back padding turns into molten hot magma after you where it for a while and my back sweats balls.

I own one of those that I bought 7 years ago for my lap top. I never thought of trying it. My only gripe about my bag is the back padding turns into molten hot magma after you where it for a while and my back sweats balls.

I haven't had that issue but I usually have ice cold beer and ice packs in the laptop sleeve so it keeps the back nice and cool :D

Found it :D It is a SHERPA. I have used my as a disc bag since december, out in all the snow, slush, ice and mud and it still is like new. I also have used it as my carryon bag for probably 20 flights all over the country. Works great for everything. I saw online they have them at a lot of stores still. Not quite as cheap as TJ MAXX ( but still easily worth it ) Amazon has it for $60 shipped. http://www.amazon.com/SwissGear-SHERPA-Notebook-Computer-Backpack/dp/B002KXRS9Q

Thanks for posting the model of the backpack and a link.

Nice job. I would take all those items of flair off of your bag tho, that is unless you are disc golfing at applebees or ruby tuesdays.
flair-guy-office-space.jpg

Nice job. I would take all those items of flair off of your bag tho, that is unless you are disc golfing at applebees or ruby tuesdays.
flair-guy-office-space.jpg

do you think they would let me disc golf in an Applebees? that would be pretty sweet

I've noticed one issue you probably will run into. The discs are held pretty far out from your back, especially if you have something in the main compartment. This could definitely cause shoulder and back strain. You could alleviate this by not carrying anything in the main compartment, but then the bag will not stand up when you set it down and you will be limited to only 12 discs stuffed in there like in the picture.

Also be careful not to warp your discs by stuffing them in all uneven like your pictures show.

Last edited:
This is what Ijust don't understand about disc golf backpack bags. There is just no reason for their prices.

You said it! Its stupid crazy the prices they go for. And the grip bag just falls over if you put anything in the top pouch, pretty dumb. Nice find @ T T T T T TJ MAXX

I've noticed one issue you probably will run into. The discs are held pretty far out from your back, especially if you have something in the main compartment. This could definitely cause shoulder and back strain. You could alleviate this by not carrying anything in the main compartment, but then the bag will not stand up when you set it down and you will be limited to only 12 discs stuffed in there like in the picture.

Also be careful not to warp your discs by stuffing them in all uneven like your pictures show.

The bag stands up fine with nothing in the main compartment. In the pictures the bag is empty. While I guess it could cause back strain if you have a weak back, but honestly unless you have a pretty severe injury if you are getting strain from this then you should be working on strengthening your back anyways or you are just asking for an injury.

Looks like the same bag I have been using there should be a pocket on top that fits 2 putters nice and snug right behind the handle on top of bag

The bag stands up fine with nothing in the main compartment. In the pictures the bag is empty. While I guess it could cause back strain if you have a weak back, but honestly unless you have a pretty severe injury if you are getting strain from this then you should be working on strengthening your back anyways or you are just asking for an injury.

Putting strain on a muscle has nothing to do with how strong a muscle is, it's a problem caused by bad ergonomics or in this case - bad center of gravity. Any reason u didn't spend $35 on a real bag disc golf bag that holds more discs and holds them against your back?

Latest posts